What do I do?!

wyatta4

Reaction score
Ok, in all honesty, I have no idea what I am doing.. I came from jailbreaking my ipod touch to rooting Android and I am very lost. I want to root. Is it possible yet? Is the beta stable? Which rom should I chose after rooting? Can I overclock my device? How so? If I root and choose a rom will I have to download everything to my phone again?

Any help appreciated...
Thanks,
Wyatt

SHAKE_JONES

Reaction score
I gave you the guide in the Rom's section.

Yes rooting is possible.
Yes the Beta is stable.
The rom is up to you... whatever suits your needs/wants.
Yes you can overclock your Dinc2, I posted a kernel for doing so in this section.
And last but not least, Depending on whether the Rom you chose needs a data wipe/factory reset, you MIGHT have to download everything again. Even if the rom doesn't require a wipe/reset, I would still recommend it.

OP
W

wyatta4

Reaction score
Ok.. I tried CM7 and I am so confused at how everyone thinks it is so much better? Froyo seemed better then CM7.. Sure there were some neat features but I dont get it.. The keyboard was quite annoying, The pulldown bar really was just.. useless.. Someone explain to me what I am missing? Maybe a better rom to convince me that Rooting is worth it?..

SHAKE_JONES

Reaction score
I don't think anyone can tell you what rom you are gonna like unless you know what you want... not to mention we've only had perm root for our phones for less than a week so development is just now getting started good. Roms are all about personal preference

Sent from my Incredible 2 using DroidForums

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
With root is phone is truely your phone.

If your thinking free apps not having to pay just leave now...

But if you want the ability to remove all the extra apps that vzm insisted on adding, theming the phone to your hearts content,..............

There are froyo roms ...

A x-jailbreaker I have a feeling your disappointed in no free market...
That's not what rooting does....

posted tomorrow using the space time continuum app on my D1...