Why so many telemarketing calls!?

GV is great for dealing with them. I just block them and from then on they get the "number no longer in service" message.

Will that work if they are direct calling a number that is one of the numbers GV forwards to, or do they have to be calling the GV number directly for that to work?

VZW WILL 'sell'/provide your number to it's partners and other marketers. You can disable that under your account settings ("view/edit CPNI settings" found under "My Profile" page).

Thanks. I would have NEVER found that.

I don't find an option for "CPNI Settings" anywhere on my account settings under My profile.

Can you provide more detail?

I'm getting a bunch of calls - and some very stubborn folks on the line I need to get rid of.

My vote would be for an app that will let me enter a command directly into the phone when I can't get someone to take me off their call list. This would instantly forward the call live to another number. Like a phone SPAM filter. So when I get a call from someone that just doesn't like the NO word - I can send them to my fax machine for a little tone treatment or something? The phone would automatically emit a fax screatch, chalkboard... something to make them think twice about calling again. Anything in the market like that? How about call forwarding to the Do Not Call List compaint line? :)

Back