Wifi Tether not working

jailmakerjr

Reaction score
I have a razr rooted with the ota zip installed my wifi tether gives me a error and wont show up as a network. when i look in the show log it says ad hoc error. Anybody know why this is happening and how i can fix it. thanks

Edit thanks for all the help hot the entitlement hack back.

Last edited:

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
It appears that ICS has killed the ability to use at ad hoc feature. Some people say that FoxFi is still working with ICS but I have not tried it myself.

akiles

Reaction score
FoxFi works on *.211
If it does not, force stop it, clear cache and data and restart the phone -it may be a little temperamental from time to time.
I used to connect via bluetooth, but I haven't tried yet.

jsandy

Reaction score
After I installed the ICS zip update to my rooted Razr Maxx on .181 GB my WIFI Tether stopped working with the same ad hoc error message. For some reason I can not get FoxFi to work either.However this: How to Get Free 4G LTE Wifi Tether/Mobile Hotspot on Rooted Droid Razr! | DroidRazrRoot.com worked for me. Note that some people have said that the "Entitlement" is now on line 79 but it was still on line 150 for me. When I turn wifi hotspot on I don't get the prompt from Verizon. My lap top finds it right away but it sometimes takes a minute (literally) to make the internet connection.
I really liked wifi tether and expect that there will be a work around soon. Until then, this works for me.

EDIT: After reading akiles response I retried FoxFi. Did the force close and wipes. Restarted the phone and it works fine now. Thanks, akiles!

Last edited:

akiles

Reaction score
Just tested my RAZR's bluetooth tether paired with my Samsung S7 running Windows8 consumer preview.
It worked. My phone is on LTE, and I got 1.53mb/sec dl and .52up.
Good enough for me, since there is no need to install any other apps.

akiles

Reaction score
I heard you may get "metered" if you use the entitlement hack...
I also heard from a vz employee bluetooth is not traceable.
What does FoxFi say? What's the error? Have you tried clearing the apps cache and data?

After I installed the ICS zip update to my rooted Razr Maxx on .181 GB my WIFI Tether stopped working with the same ad hoc error message. For some reason I can not get FoxFi to work either.However this: How to Get Free 4G LTE Wifi Tether/Mobile Hotspot on Rooted Droid Razr! | DroidRazrRoot.com worked for me. Note that some people have said that the "Entitlement" is now on line 79 but it was still on line 150 for me. When I turn wifi hotspot on I don't get the prompt from Verizon. My lap top finds it right away but it sometimes takes a minute (literally) to make the internet connection.
I really liked wifi tether and expect that there will be a work around soon. Until then, this works for me.