Will Gingerbread bring an Unlocked Bootloader?

barski

Reaction score
Since the Atrix's bootloader is going to be unlocked in the next update, do you think the Droid X2 will get unlocked when Gingerbread comes out for the X2?

I'm almost thinking it will, but on the other hand i know how Motorola is.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Since the Atrix's bootloader is going to be unlocked in the next update, do you think the Droid X2 will get unlocked when Gingerbread comes out for the X2?

I'm almost thinking it will, but on the other hand i know how Motorola is.

I rather doubt it. I don't think the bootloader has anything to do with an update. Matter of fact I believe the Droid X bootloader is locked down even more. Hmmm...maybe it does but I wouldn't count on it.

curtisncali

Reaction score
some people over at the XDA have jus unlocked the bootloader for the atrix. wonder if this same unlock will work with our phones considering same design. i remember some of the atrix devs took some code from our phone and used it in there own. anyone willing to try

OP
barski

barski

Reaction score
I rather doubt it. I don't think the bootloader has anything to do with an update. Matter of fact I believe the Droid X bootloader is locked down even more. Hmmm...maybe it does but I wouldn't count on it.

I'm almost positive it doesn't have much to do with an update, but it might be moto's way of unlocking it. keeping fingers crossed

some people over at the XDA have jus unlocked the bootloader for the atrix. wonder if this same unlock will work with our phones considering same design. i remember some of the atrix devs took some code from our phone and used it in there own. anyone willing to try

Just had the same thoughts. I'm sure some dev is or will be trying it out in the next day or so. I hope it works, although it's very unlikely they would use the same code in multiple devices.

kookk

Reaction score
Until I hear that gb will unlock our phones, I have my updater frozen. If its going to lock them down even more I want to keep froyo and my root.

Sent from my DROID X2