Windows Sync Mode in Fission

satoru

Reaction score
Use the search. Im pretty sure I saw this same question some time ago. I don't think anyone running fission 2.4.3 is able to do that. I know that I am not able to. Fission is dead anyway. Especially since moto shut down all the devs. If you really like fission then id say keep it otherwise you should sbf/nandroid back to stock.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

Iff

Reaction score
Extract the attached zip file

Copy com.motorola.android.mediasync.jar to /system/framework and make sure its permissions are rw-r--r-- or CHMOD 644

Copy MediaSync.apk to /system/app and make sure its permissions are rw-r--r-- or CHMOD 644

Find these lines in /system/build.prop and change the 0 to a 1:

Code:
ro.mediasync.enable_sync_ui = 0

Code:
persist.mot.usb.mediasync = 0

Then reboot your phone.

Attachments

• MediaSync.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 270
OP
B

brokenbirthday

Reaction score
Extract the attached zip file

Copy com.motorola.android.mediasync.jar to /system/framework and make sure its permissions are rw-r--r-- or CHMOD 644

Copy MediaSync.apk to /system/app and make sure its permissions are rw-r--r-- or CHMOD 644

Find this line in /system/build.prop:

Code:
ro.mediasync.enable_sync_ui = 0
Change that 0 to a 1 and reboot your phone.

Everytime I try to cp or push the files, it says Read-only file system. How do I change that?

OP
B

brokenbirthday

Reaction score
Okay, after a grueling battle with adb shell, I finally have all the files in their proper place and the build.prop edited. It still won't let me do Windows Media Sync.

Iff

Reaction score
Does the Windows Media Sync option show up at all when you connect the phone?

I personally used Root Explorer to move the files - you have to make sure the permissions are correct, otherwise it won't work. Do a ls -l on /system/app and /system/framework to make sure there's no differences between the files you copied and the other ones.

OP
B

brokenbirthday

Reaction score
I'm using the adb shell through the command prompt. But yeah, the file permissions are all 644, and there's no difference that I can find with the files.

I'm really familiar with linux (I use it most of the time, but getting the sdk and tools to work as well as they do on windows is a pain). The file system I understand but I have no clue why these files aren't working.

Just to check:
-pushed MediaSync.apk in to the /system/app directory
-pushed com.android.motorola.mediasync.jar to the /system/framework directory
-modified the build.prop file to ro.mediasync.enable_sync_ui = 1
-all file permissions = 644

That's all?

OP
B

brokenbirthday

Reaction score
Got it! It took long enough. I had to change another build.prop line:

persist.mot.usb.mediasync = 0
to
persist.mot.usb.mediasync = 1

Thanks a lot for your help. Actually taught me a lot. Thank you.

Iff

Reaction score
Aaaahhh, sorry about that! I stumbled my way through the process a few months ago too and guess I forgot about that step. Glad to hear you got it working. :)