Youtube video stoppage

mach330

Reaction score
Anybody have issues with youtube? I noticed mine does this a lot where the video stops but audio is still going. I have to pause or fwd or rewind to make the video continue. It does this a out every 2-3 min. Any ideas? It's annoying me.

Tap'd via Note 4...

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
No issue on my note 4, but my brother-in-law was showing us a rather long video on YouTube on his s5 & this happened a few times.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Have y'all messed with the settings in youtube.. Check the quality in settings.. And test on LTE and WiFi is it the same?

Tap'd by Big 6

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Well, my youtube app started doing this yesterday. I was showing someone a video I had uploaded on my phone & the video would pause while the audio kept going perfectly.

I checked the same video a few times since then & it kept doing it. I assumed it was just a bad upload until I tried to watch another video & it did the same thing, so I pulled up my uploaded video on my tablet & it played all the way through with no problem.

I totally agree with the OP. This sucks & now that I know it's happening to me, I'm going to play around with it tomorrow (technically later today).

I hadn't changed any settings in the app at all since the last time I watched a video with no problem & when I was on that second video, I changed quality to 480p from the automatic 720p & it still happened.

Both videos had buffered more than enough to not have issue & in the case of my personal video, I had the same problem on both LTE with 4 out of 5 bars & on my 40-ish mbps wifi.

Sent from my Note 4 via Tapatalk

Miklb58

Silver Member
Reaction score
Add me to the list. Yesterday was the first time I used YouTube since getting my
Note4 on Dec 30th.
The video stops while the audio continues to play.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I've actually watched several youtube videos since my last post in this thread with no trouble, so it seems that the issue is intermittent. It lasted for quite a while when it started the other day though.

Ohyea!

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Out of curiosity, have any of you tried to play you tube through the web browser to see if it's the app that is bugged?

Miklb58

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just tried it both ways
Using the YouTube app it stalled at a little over one minute, then I watched the same video using chrome and it played to the end.
I kind of assumed before though that it was the app.

Miklb58

Silver Member
Reaction score
In the past week or two, I have watched a half dozen YouTube videos using the app, and there have not been any further incidences of the video stalling.