1st droid x

Viking13087

Reaction score
I'm new to the while rooting thing, but what are some of the better rooting programs available. And can anybody tell me where I can find z4 root?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Welcomr to the forum and your Droid X.
If youu have any other questions just ask.
Enjoy your stay with us.

Welcome! Yea, z4root as suggested. Do your reading:)

Tap'n from DX while sit'n by a PC.

Wouldn't it be easier to just use the computer. Lol
Not that I don't do that as well. Haha

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Last edited:
Ok. Let me rephrase... I followed the link and my phone won't download the file because absently it's not supported. And I need to be able to root directly from my phone because I has no interwebs. So yeah...

Well, aside from the whole "use PDA Net/Easy Tether/Proxoid to tether your phone to your PC so you can do it the other way" suggestion, have you considered installing Astro from the market?

Astro doesn't root the phone, I thought, or are you just wanting this program on his phone?

I have astro installed, but I can't find the z4root file

I have astro installed, but I can't find the z4root file

It's in the download (not downloads) folder. Install it from there, then run it.

This came from my brain by way of my finger and my phone. Don't ask where any of them have been. Especially the brain.

Astro doesn't root the phone, I thought, or are you just wanting this program on his phone?

You need astro or another file manager app in order to install anything not from the market

This came from my brain by way of my finger and my phone. Don't ask where any of them have been. Especially the brain.

I got ya. I have that and an app installer program. Doh!

Ok thanks for all the help getting that done. Next question: since I already shell out a rediculous amount of money to verizon every month, is there any way to use the wifi hotspot capability without having to give up another $50 per month?

android-wifi-tether - Project Hosting on Google Code

This violates your TOS and it's limited compared to the hotspot feature (Ad-Hoc tethering).

Don't tether to game, though. While you have an unlimited plan, going over a sane level of usage may have Verizon looking at you and canceling your account and then stiffing you with an ETF (Early Termination Fee). Most people agree that 20GB is about as high as you really want to go. If you go much beyond that then you're in the realm of "no way is that possible on a phone". Besides that, there's a heck of a lot of lag and that makes for a poor gaming experience for both you and the people you game with. That alone may cause issues.

Welcomr to the forum and your Droid X.
If youu have any onter questions just ask.
Enjoy your stay with us.

Welcome! Yea, z4root as suggested. Do your reading:)

Tap'n from DX while sit'n by a PC.

Wouldn't it be easier to just use the computer. Lol
Not that I don't do that as well. Haha

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

It would be easier if I could put this frigg'n phone down. You would think the newness would wear off by now:)

Which our newest member will soon find out with his DX.

Back