2.0.1/2.1 Stock Launcher in 2.2?

Armando Penblade

Reaction score
Just got the new 2.2 update running on my lady pal's Droid, but she really liked the old school "sliding" Launcher that was on the Droid in 2.0.1/2.1. Little up arrow, pull it up to reveal a list of apps that was grey-backgrounded and not fullscreen.

Just wondering if an .apk or update.zip exists that would install the oldschool launcher/home app on her phone, or if she just needs to learn to love the new 2.2 one :)

Learn to love the new one.

She does have alternative options.

ADW Launcher
Launcher Pro

to name some :)

Just got the new 2.2 update running on my lady pal's Droid, but she really liked the old school "sliding" Launcher that was on the Droid in 2.0.1/2.1. Little up arrow, pull it up to reveal a list of apps that was grey-backgrounded and not fullscreen.

Just wondering if an .apk or update.zip exists that would install the oldschool launcher/home app on her phone, or if she just needs to learn to love the new 2.2 one :)

Hmm, for a while Rom Manager had the 2.0.1 Home launcher up, but it was taken down a while back. I'd have to sift through some of my SD card dumps at home to see if I still have the apk for it.

Back