30 GB in a month

I agree. I like unlimited data, even though I rarely go over 2GB. My daughter on the other hand, if she were on the 2GB plan I may have to get a second job haha.

the Verizon reps were were both in envy and awe at my usage, mostly netflix however. LTE just makes it too easy to consume data, in massive amounts. No throttle on me... I will go to hell's end to keep my current plan

the Verizon reps were were both in envy and awe at my usage, mostly netflix however. LTE just makes it too easy to consume data, in massive amounts. No throttle on me... I will go to hell's end to keep my current plan

+1 . It's not our fault.if you actually use 4g all the time it's gonna consume hella gigabytes. A couple a Netflix movies and 10 gigs are gone no problem

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Yeah, eventually all of us who were grandfathered into this will be forced into tiered data. Sucks, but we all knew this was coming. Unlimited couldn't last forever :(

According to popular opinion, it's when you upgrade your phone after this summer.

Recently Google made it clear they're going back to selling unsubsidized phones, which seemed like a dumb idea to me, but then it occurred to me.

But thanks to SIM cards for LTE, I can buy a Google phone, swap in the LTE chip and keep my unlimited data while flipping Verizon the bird.

Apparently somebody is still doing it on AT&T and keeping there unlimited data

It's in the mess comments in this article.

Verizon Statement on Unlimited Data: Will Let You Know of Policy Changes When We Get Closer to Shared Data – Droid Life

Granted, this means paying out the nose for an unsubsidized phone, Verizon can blow me.

According to popular opinion, it's when you upgrade your phone after this summer.

Recently Google made it clear they're going back to selling unsubsidized phones, which seemed like a dumb idea to me, but then it occurred to me.

But thanks to SIM cards for LTE, I can buy a Google phone, swap in the LTE chip and keep my unlimited data while flipping Verizon the bird.

Apparently somebody is still doing it on AT&T and keeping there unlimited data

It's in the mess comments in this article.

Verizon Statement on Unlimited Data: Will Let You Know of Policy Changes When We Get Closer to Shared Data – Droid Life

Granted, this means paying out the nose for an unsubsidized phone, Verizon can blow me.

The phones that Google is going to sell most likely won't work with Verizon LTE, so unfortunately your SIM idea isn't going to work. I was thinking same thing, but realized that Google's only going to make GSM versions.

We have to come to grips sooner or later that Verizon is going to force us off unlimited whether we upgrade or not, it's just a matter of time.

I will fight someone for unlimited data, and I'm a pacifist. Yeah I don't go nearly above 5gb a month, but it's the peace of mind and the fact that I CAN go over any sort of limit if I wanted. I started with unlimited 3g and I would definitely be unhappy if they suddenly told me I had to switch to a tier plan, I'll go down fighting at least.

The phones that Google is going to sell most likely won't work with Verizon LTE, so unfortunately your SIM idea isn't going to work. I was thinking same thing, but realized that Google's only going to make GSM versions.

We have to come to grips sooner or later that Verizon is going to force us off unlimited whether we upgrade or not, it's just a matter of time.

I agree and disagree, I agree that Google probably won't be putting CDMA radios in the Nexus's anymore, I disagree with that fact that they won't make phones that will at least play nice with Verizon's LTE network, case in point, AT&T is converting to LTE, Sprint is converting to LTE, T-Mobile is converting to LTE, I don't think (and it's possible I'm wrong) LTE signals vary that broadly that a chip can't be made to cover them all. Now, I know that doesn't completely solve our problem, but I can atleast hope that Verizon starts incorporating Voice Over LTE sometime in the next year, cue AT&T, Sprint, and T-Mo to be sprinting to catch up, leading to the phase out or more than likely just back-burner for CDMA/GSM radios, so maybe the next line of Nexus's will be GSM/LTE with Voice Over LTE capabilities.

I know this is all hypothetical, but hey, if Google the Supreme Overlord enables me to stick it to Verizon, I will continue to be their Google's loyal servant.

Why wouldn't U just buy the nexus from Verizon at retail price

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Yeah, eventually all of us who were grandfathered into this will be forced into tiered data. Sucks, but we all knew this was coming. Unlimited couldn't last forever :(

Especially when people make threads like this one, and announce to the entire internet how much data they use.

We don't really CARE that you used 30GB in a month. Kindly don't announce it to the world, and bring attention to the fact.

Back