4.1 update?

tbt666

Reaction score
Has anybody else got the 4.1 update? I saw on Google play were some people have commented about the new Google now with the Razr Maxx HD and just wondering if anybody got the update because when I push update phone there is no update available it says my phone is up to date

A soak test is out there so users who signed up are testing it. The "official" release should be in the next week or so. Do a search on here, I believe the leak is available to download to manually update.

Verizon OTA push schedule

I have yet to get the update also, I talked to Verizon and they are pushing it out in phases hitting 10% of customers daily and available for public download on the 17th.

Man that sucks..... so just a curious question is their anyway to go back to 4.0.4 from 4.1?

jmcgregor86 said:
I have yet to get the update also, I talked to Verizon and they are pushing it out in phases hitting 10% of customers daily and available for public download on the 17th.

Heh that's silly. Another cute excuse made up as script to push off any given customer who calls in about "where's my update?" They gotta say something so they made up a teaser number such as 10% to get people off the phone. Android veterans (not including myself at all, I'm a newbie) know it's the usual soak test. This way they don't have to get into that. 10% of customers daily, lol.

Last Friday's Verizon conference room group think.

Download the update and install it manually if you don't want to wait.

Wow, I am actually surprised. I have been on 4.1.1 since either it was Sunday or Monday. I just remember my phone was just burning in my pocket, when I saw it was time to update. Since, the update there have been some noticeable differences, good and bad. On the bad side, it seems that when you plug into your computer the Mass Storage option is gone (which I am hoping there is a work around as, I was going to Root asap.) If anyone else has noticed that please comment. The Google Now is certainly there and it has something to do with cards, and I just haven't followed it. For some reason there was a Zappos application on my phone, which I complained about in today's survey. There is an added Google Play Magazines app that I like could possibly use. But one thing is for sure, JB is not ICS, it's just smoother and everyone will have their own take.

View attachment 58815

Wow, I am actually surprised. I have been on 4.1.1 since either it was Sunday or Monday. I just remember my phone was just burning in my pocket, when I saw it was time to update. Since, the update there have been some noticeable differences, good and bad. On the bad side, it seems that when you plug into your computer the Mass Storage option is gone (which I am hoping there is a work around as, I was going to Root asap.) If anyone else has noticed that please comment. The Google Now is certainly there and it has something to do with cards, and I just haven't followed it. For some reason there was a Zappos application on my phone, which I complained about in today's survey. There is an added Google Play Magazines app that I like could possibly use. But one thing is for sure, JB is not ICS, it's just smoother and everyone will have their own take.

View attachment 58815

How's the lag that was present in ics going from the home screen to the quick settings? Is it still laggy or is it like "buttuh"

How's the lag that was present in ics going from the home screen to the quick settings? Is it still laggy or is it like "buttuh"

For me it's just the opposite. ICS was smoother when swiping to the quick settings. Now under JB it stutters. They also removed "sleep" mode as an option when you press the power button to shut down. Also, even when you shut down with the sound turned on (not on silent or vibrate) there is no "DROID" sound during startup. Under ICS you could hear it at a low volume as long as you had the sound turned on when you powered off...not anymore???

However, you can now delete all the stupid favorites from withon the phone app. dancedroid

Back