A Sad Day for Me and My Droid

Cmdates2991

Reaction score
I am having the strangest issue with my moto droid. The screen won't show anything. Don't mistake that for the screen not coming on. About an hour ago I went to turn on the screen and nothing showed up. Thinking it was probably nothing I pulled the battery, waited, and cut it back on but still nothing.

I think for lack of a better phrase that my screen has been slowly dying because last week it the backlight started to cut out whenever I slid it open which has persisted. The same issue that I'm having now happened to me earlier this morning too, but after I turned off the phone it went back to normal. The odd thing is that the screen is STILL working and reading my inputs. Using my memory I managed to unlock it, navigate to the music player, and play some songs (which made me feel pretty proud).

Has anyone heard of this? Is there a fix? Or will I have to call verizon? Thanks for any assistance.

If a factory reset has yeilded the same results then a trip to VZW might be necessary, and without being able to see the screen a factory reset is going to be difficult

If a factory reset has yeilded the same results then a trip to VZW might be necessary, and without being able to see the screen a factory reset is going to be difficult

That was what I planned to do next. I just was thinking of how to do it. I can use adb right?

I have never used ADB to do a factory reset, we do have a lot of members here proficient in adb so hopefully you can get a more educated answer

I couldn't figure out a way. I suppose it'll be a trip to the verizon store for me. Now the problem I have is that I'm rooted haha.

Back