abd and flashing koush's clockworkmod touch recovery

blackhawkn7

Reaction score
hey guys, trying to flash touch recovery using these Install ClockworkMod Touch Recovery 5.8.0.2 on the Galaxy Nexus instructions. I get to where i'm in the command prompt and when i type in *fastboot flash recovery recovery.img* it says failed to load recovery.img. What am i doing wrong? I have adb installed correctly because in command prompt when i type *abd devices* my serial numbers pop up indicating my gnex is plugged in if this helps.

Did you rename the file to recovery.img?

Did you put the file in the proper place, and are you using command prompt from the proper place? With those instructions they have you put the recovery.img into the folder with fastboot.exe . You would then start command prompt from that directory, then type the command.

Are you rooted? If so, you can use ROM Manager to flash Koush's touch clockwork recovery (option near the bottom).

Did you rename the file to recovery.img?

Did you put the file in the proper place, and are you using command prompt from the proper place? With those instructions they have you put the recovery.img into the folder with fastboot.exe . You would then start command prompt from that directory, then type the command.

Are you rooted? If so, you can use ROM Manager to flash Koush's touch clockwork recovery (option near the bottom).

yes i renamed the file to recovery.img and did all of those instructions and started the command prompt from that directory and typed the command in the directions. I am rooted and i'm aware of the option through rom manager but not to sound cheap but I really dont want to pay for it. I'm in highschool without a job lol

yes i renamed the file to recovery.img and did all of those instructions and started the command prompt from that directory and typed the command in the directions. I am rooted and i'm aware of the option through rom manager but not to sound cheap but I really dont want to pay for it. I'm in highschool without a job lol

Hmm that is odd.

The free version of ROM manager should work for this, at least I am pretty sure it would.

Hmm that is odd.

The free version of ROM manager should work for this, at least I am pretty sure it would.

It won't flash the touch version. Only the standard clockwork mod can be flashed in the free version.

**If you want, I can try and put it in a flashable zip for you. You'll need to already have a custom recovery to flash from though.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
It won't flash the touch version. Only the standard clockwork mod can be flashed in the free version.

**If you want, I can try and put it in a flashable zip for you. You'll need to already have a custom recovery to flash from though.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

That would be great if you have the time and don't mind. Having a a recovery to flash will be fine, ill just make a backup now

if anyone has a flashable .zip version that would be great to direct me where you got it. I'm having trouble finding the newest version that isn't in beta

if anyone has a flashable .zip version that would be great to direct me where you got it. I'm having trouble finding the newest version that isn't in beta

One second. My adb isn't playing nice so I'm trying to fix that currently. I was working on compiling a kernel and I've thrown it all out of whack. <.<

hold off dude. i got it working with this How to Install ClockworkMod Recovery on Rooted Galaxy Nexus! | GalaxyNexusRoot.com but i used the touch build v5.8.0.2 instead of standard. My problem was I was renaming it to recovery.img where it already was a disk image and it said it couldn't load. my prompt ended up being
fastboot flash recovery recovery
it worked I don't know what happened lol. Before i was typing
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
and it didn't work. syndicate you should put it up anyway for anyone looking for a flashable version instead of going through command prompt

I really have no idea why it didn't work before. I know I wasn't typing it wrong or maybe it had to be the extension I was adding at the end. Who knows?

Back