? about the Moto Dock - Lights

Cyrus6001

Reaction score
So im thinking about getting the Moto Docking cradle for the Droid. And i was just playing around with the clock app in my droid and noticed that the 4 buttons along the bottom stayed illuminated the entire time i had the clock on.
Can anybody who has the cradle verify that the lights of those 4 buttons stay on/off when plugged into the cradle?
Thanks.

Hmm i just checked this out myself (i dont have the dock yet) and yea your right its lit up still. Wonder if this is a rooting issue or if when your in the dock it goes off??

Hmm i just checked this out myself (i dont have the dock yet) and yea your right its lit up still. Wonder if this is a rooting issue or if when your in the dock it goes off??
If you are rooted you can always get the free LEDs Hack app in the market, allows you to turn off the lights for those four soft buttons.

Thats true... but just another step in the process too, i mean, if your docked they shoudl be off automatically in my opinion.

Sitting here @ my desk with the phone in the Motodock and the lights are off...
Display remains lit as long as it is plugged in but you can dim the display.

Great, thank you... Now i am still just curious because he is running 2.0.1 and i am rooted with the 2.1 dock app. Just wondering if it would act the same as his.

lights stay on

at night the soft button lights stay on u have to root to turn them off

thumper... off topic but... saw ur gamercard... how good is ME2!!!!! i cant stop playing

I use the Led Hack but I still find even the dimmed screen too bright in my dark room so I hit the power button once to turn it all off. I use the clock on the cable box to see the time if I need to.

^ me too, I can't stand the "dimmed" screen lol but I guess it can't be helped since our screens have backlights. I just put it into standby. kinda wish I had an amoled display sometimes lol, our screens are still gorgeous though.

If you use the brightness hack and the led hack you can change the dim level to very low, almost too low. If you hold the dim button it goes to a dark green back ground as well.(with the 2.1 clock) If you try to use the phone at night with the leds off though, it is really hard to find the soft buttons in the dark. They even stay dark when you remove it from the dock. They should come back on when you touch the screen or remove from the dock, and then go back out after a bit.

If you turn phone off before you put it in the dock when it powers back up the 4 lights will stay off. This is with a plain 'stock' droid with no apps to help with the lights. Good luck.

I forgot about that option. I did try it once and it worked, but if you use the phone at all it reverts back. Kind of a pain to have to do that every time as well. The dock mode really should have a couple of simple options to make it work properly.

Back