accelorometer unresponsive?

TeeX

Reaction score
anybody else having a problem getting the auto-rotate to rotate quickly? Sometimes it will respond in a reasonable time, but sometimes I really have to wiggle and shake the phone to get it to respond and rotate (from portrait to landscape or vice versa).

any suggestions or tips? Anyone else have this?

yeah that's about the only disappointing thing about this phone, changing orientation takes awhile, but it's about the same speed as my Incredible so I'm used to it.

Yeah, same problem here. I but there will be a fix though, the ROM I flashed seemed to help a lot.

yeah that's about the only disappointing thing about this phone, changing orientation takes awhile, but it's about the same speed as my Incredible so I'm used to it.

OK, so this is normal behavior? I'm not seeing any other aberrant behavior, so I'm hoping I don't have a lemon. But I'm also hoping that the auto-rotate comes alive a bit more :frown:

Does the home screen even rotate on the Gnex? if I put my phone sideways on the homescreen or the like the screen will never auto-rotate. However as soon as I launch a app the screen will rotate at a normal speed.

Am I missing something or does the home screens not rotate to landscape any more?

Oh looks like Launcher Pro allowed this rotating and that's what I had on my OG, didn't know that the home screen didn't normally rotate

Last edited:
OK, so this is normal behavior? I'm not seeing any other aberrant behavior, so I'm hoping I don't have a lemon. But I'm also hoping that the auto-rotate comes alive a bit more :frown:
Everytime I change the orientation, it changes, just takes a good second or two.

Depends on the person too. Not saying you're guilty of it, but my dad always tries to change orientation on his 4s by turning it like it's laying flat on a table. I tell him over and over again that he has to pretend like he's holding it up against a wall not rotating it like it's laying on a table. Get what I'm saying LOL? It's the example I keep using and works for him...

I recall reading somewhere (can't remember where) that this was deliberate - a slightly longer delay to prevent little, or inadvertent rotations from twisting your content around. Once used to it, it's great for me - I think my iPad 2 reacts a little TOO quickly for my liking.

Yeah the delay + the animation makes it feel longer than it is, we'll be able to adjust it's speed soon.

Back