Accuweather Widget for Gingerbread

jwgraves

Reaction score
I love the newly designed weather widget (added as the Weather option under the Morotola Widgets), but I don't understand how often it updates. There is no setting for update frequency and the temperature on the widget never looks up-to-date to me. I click on the widget and the Accuweather box pops up and the temp almost always updates....anyone know if we have control over how often this thing updates. It's becoming very unreliable for me.

I could be wrong, but I think it's refresh rate is determine by the social networking refresh rate that you set in Battery & Data Manager > Data Delivery > Social Applications. I have mine set to update every hour (although I don't actually use the main Social Networking app as I prefer the separate Facebook and Twitter apps). However, my weather widgets seems to keep reasonably up-to-date after I did this.

Tried changing my social applications data delivery frequency and this widget still refuses to update unless I click on it and open up the Accuweather screen. Very annoying because I think it used to work fine under Froyo.

Back