ADW Launcher SLOOOOOOW!!!

Big Lou

Reaction score
All I hear about the ADW launcher is how FAST it is... well, I don't see that at all. Every time I back out of an app and go to my home screen I have to wait like 10-15 seconds before ADW loads all my icons, widgets, and apps in the drawer. I'm running CM6.0 RC2 and overclocked to 1200mhz.

Anyone else having issues with ADW?

I have 7 homepages with a TON of widgets using ADW and theres no lag

but I have a DroidX

I think its a kernel thing. I was running ADW with Chevyno1 1ghz kernel had the same redraw issues, I chose a faster one and it went away.

Now I'm testing a P3Droid low voltage kernal (max 1.25ghz) and I've got it clocked 125-1000 and am having absolutely NO issues whatsoever. Flipping through screens is fast/smooth and have not had a single redraw.

Wow, I switched to a chevy kernel... what a difference. My droid's overall performance is through the roof!

All I hear about the ADW launcher is how FAST it is... well, I don't see that at all. Every time I back out of an app and go to my home screen I have to wait like 10-15 seconds before ADW loads all my icons, widgets, and apps in the drawer. I'm running CM6.0 RC2 and overclocked to 1200mhz.

Anyone else having issues with ADW?

I saw the same problem under the CM6 RC builds with jdlfg's 1Ghz kernels. I switched to Launcher Pro for the time being.

Wow, I switched to a chevy kernel... what a difference. My droid's overall performance is through the roof!
I stumbled on this thread yesterday and I have to say that I found similar results by switching kernals as well! I was on Chevy's 1.1 and just bumped it up to the 1.25 kernal and all my problems vanished!

Do you have the set cpu widget? I know that have a lot of people lag including myself. Try removing it if you have it .

Also do you have persistant mode on?

Back