Allow me to bore you with my upgrade story.

mjwassmer

Reaction score
Hello.

I have an upgrade coming in 2 weeks. I currently have the Droid. I've lusted over the Droid X for some time now... but have been waiting patiently for my upgrade.

Should I upgrade in 2 weeks to the Droid X? Or should I wait? Additionally, if I buy the Droid X, I guess I'd have 30 days to return and swap if something else comes out, huh?

Or does someone want to argue that I should get some other phone completely like the Fascinate. I value all of your opinions. SHARE THEM WITH ME!

The fascinate has some bugs but the screen and email presentation is superior to the HTC incredible, which I gave up, and the Droid x. I understand that the Droid x has similar problems as the Fascinate but overall the Screen is far superior. Most mistake it for an iPhone.

definately wait til christmas time and get the superphone. its a no brainer decision if you ask me.

so how confident are we that this great new phone will be out around xmas time?

its only a couple of months. what do you have to lose by waiting? if it doesnt come out on time then get the X. why sign a 2 year contract just before the superphone comes out?

At Christmas, we'll be hearing about the super duper coming out in the spring! This is what my wife says about my X " a man's machine." This is what I say about her Fascinate, "sleek and sexy like you!"

Yeah the one with the tegra 2 should be out around Jan. I'd definitely wait if I were you. It's what I'm doing.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

If you're impatient (like me), go with the Droid X - it's big, it's fast and it's here. You can always play games and add another line to take advantage of the "Super Phone" whenever that finally puts in an appearance. You could also pick up a Droid Incredible. That's a fine, fast phone that's fully rootable, and has some cool roms and themes available. I got an early Dinc, so I have the AMOLED screen, which is a mixed blessing/curse: gorgeous display, that drains the battery. The ones shipping now, I'm told, have the same kind of LCD display as the Motorola Droids.

My two cents worth...

-Mike

I love my droid 2 so much I feel at times I can't put it down. But even I say wait. These new phones coming out near the holiday season are sure to make the most loyal droid owners want to drop their phones like a bad habit and bolt to the nearest Verizon store or go online. So if you can be a bit more patient, wait.

This is what I say about her Fascinate, "sleek and sexy like you!"

^^^^^^^
Dudes smooth as butta! Lulz

But now to give my thoughts.

So I have had a upgrade avaliable since like may/june an have been holding onto it. Its just there's no phone that has came out that really wowwed me now at first I wanted a droid x but after I looked into it I really didn't like it as much as I thought I would. Don't get me wrong its a great phone, just not what I saw would be a staple phone for me. Now that the holiday season has come around I'm patiently waiting to see what big red pushes out. Just because you. Get an upgrade doesn't mean you have to use it right away. You where fine with your phone a month before you could upgrade an I assure you, your phone will be just the same as it was a month after you upgrade. So do research maybe the x is for you or maybe its not :)

Back