Almost Upgrade Time

vthokies1996

Reaction score
I currently have a Galaxy Nexus. Will be due for an upgrade in Sept/Oct. I really like the Galaxy Nexus, would the S4 be the one to get next? I hear a lot of great things about it, but was not sure if there was something even better that might be coming out later in the year.

Thanks

It's a fantastic and feature rich phone but Sept/Oct could mean something better could be out there. New cell phones are a moving target.

Just got my GS4 last week and haven't been able to put it down for more than five minutes :)

I currently have a Galaxy Nexus. Will be due for an upgrade in Sept/Oct. I really like the Galaxy Nexus, would the S4 be the one to get next? I hear a lot of great things about it, but was not sure if there was something even better that might be coming out later in the year.

Thanks

My previous two phones were Moto and I knew they were coming out with the Moto X, but when it was delayed I jumped to the Samsung S4. Even though the full specs for the Moto X aren't out yet, I feel I made the right move. Still, if you can wait a few weeks you may want to compare the Moto X with the S4.

I upgraded from the Nexus myself, 3 weeks ago, no regrets at all. This is hands down the best phone I've used out of the box, ever. Normally by now I'd probably be on my 3rd ROM, but I have kept this thing stock rooted, because the stock experience is fantastic, root only makes the experience that much better. I've thrown everything I can at this phone and not even a hiccup; Waze, Gmaps, Play Music, text, or phone call all at the same time and not one hiccup.

The GPS is fantastic and it's never made me wait to get a lock on a satellite. Man I didn't realize the Nexus was THAT bad until I got this phone, instant satellite lock everytime.
The battery is the biggest difference you'll notice between the s4 and the Nexus. The Nexus can only dream about achieving the same battery life.
The screen, the best on the market in my humble opinion. The One gives it a run for its money, but the extra real estate it has takes the cake, and I'm a fan of Samsung's AMOLED technology so that doesn't hurt either.

Verizon is getting a few phones once your upgrade rolls around, and I highly suggest you check them all out. The only mysteries left are if the Moto X is coming to Verizon and when the Note 3 is coming out, at least that's all I know about. So you'll have I would say, a good 4 or 5 solid phones to choose from by the time your upgrade rolls around. However, if you decide to go with the s4, you won't be disappointed. It's been 3wks and I can still barely keep my phone idle.

I had OG, DX, RAZR, DNA then S4. I like it a lot. For VZW the S4 is the top of the line phone either until they get the HTC 1 or G Note 3. The phones have gotten so good that to me the only real difference is the UI's. I've used Moto, HTC & now Touchwiz. There are differences but for anything but the rooting super developer they are minute. I tell my friends that ask me because they know I'm a phone enthusiast to pick one with a 1080P screen that they like because the differences aren't really worth getting one over another. I really like the look of the HTC 1 but wouldn't get one because I ALWAYS put an Otterbox Commuter case on my phones so the S4 got my $ because of it's removable battery & SD card slot....

don't mean to hijack the thread but is anybody being charged for limited data? I want to upgrade to the s4 as well but I'm concerned about them not offering "unlimited data" whatever that really means

don't mean to hijack the thread but is anybody being charged for limited data? I want to upgrade to the s4 as well but I'm concerned about them not offering "unlimited data" whatever that really means

If you are moving to Verizon, you are out of luck for getting unlimited data as a new subscriber. I think Sprint has an unlimited data plan. Those on Verizon already know the work-around to "keeping" unlimited data. BTW, I have unlimited data and honestly have to say I haven't used over 2GB of data in a month in. Now that could be because I work and go to school full-time, not a video or gaming junkie, and I'm usually somewhere that has trusted wifi, like home or work.

Back