android incredible email client sucks - google learn from apple

qwerty53

Reaction score
hi,
it is really sad that google can release the phone without proper testing why there are 2 clients and each of them has its own problems.
I use gmail only. On gmail client when I read unread email it is not synced with the server.
So on pc I see it still unread.
With the general client I cannot easilyjust ny scrolling see more emails.
In order to disable notification I need to go to the gmail client to do it although there is an option in the general too.
Also on the general there is an option to refresh when I go to a folser. This does not work.
Google at least email you could get right.
I would love if someone pointed me at my mistakes.

phone just released, let them work out the bugs. All smart phones have their flaws at launch. That is just your incredible not android as a whole, my droid has never had that problem. Im sure google will fix it

Oh give me a break. My touch first generation never had a single bug.
And is there a place were I should report bugs?

give me a break

Oh give me a break. My touch first generation never had a single bug.
And is there a place were I should report bugs?

HTC released it not google. ***** to them.

Or download K-9 Mail.

hi,
it is really sad that google can release the phone without proper testing why there are 2 clients and each of them has its own problems.
I use gmail only. On gmail client when I read unread email it is not synced with the server.
In order to disable notification I need to go to the gmail client to do it although there is an option in the general too.
Also on the general there is an option to refresh when I go to a folser. This does not work.

If you need help post up your troubles.... and you will get a solution.

I think the email is the best one yet on android.

what are your troubles?

I think k9 rocks. I would prefer google got the OS right. Stuff like the email client is the domain of app developers.

hi,

Here is your post... I still can't deciphere what your issues are... other then maybe one of them

Gmail sync.... it should be syncing properly as it works perfect on mine.

Refreshing when you go to a folder is only for exchange... I'm not sure if you are using exchange or not as you haven't told us.

Anything else?

What is this? "With the general client I cannot easilyjust ny scrolling see more emails."

I have no clue what you are trying to say on that one.

Weird I've had HUGE HEADACHES when trying to configure my iPod Touch and Gmail's imap. It would not sync read/unread items correctly at all. So my Mail app on my mac, gmail on the web, and my iPod Touch would all have varying states of my gmail mailbox.
Ugh such a nightmare...

Android on the other hand has been pretty much great. I've pretty much ditched Mail, my iPod Touch and now just use everything via browser and my phone. I had a few sync issues but they disappeared pretty quickly. I'm using the stock email app btw since I have a droid. The incredible uses HTC's Sense UI so I think it might be different.

I think k9 rocks. I would prefer google got the OS right. Stuff like the email client is the domain of app developers.
What I cannot get is whether k-9 syncs in the background or not. Although I think I disabled it but not sure. The menus are not too self explanatory.

Back