Angry Husband

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trees2112

Reaction score
A friend of mine was caught with her hand in the honey jar by her husband.

She has a Motorola slide keyboard phone Droid 4 or 2.3.6 who knows?

Since I have AT&T iPhone I don't know how Verizon droids function.

He wants to look at data card. Is there one? Or it a SIM card? What info is stored?

Is there anyway he can retrieve the text messages though said cards or any other way?

Are photos just viewed though text and not saved retrievable? If so how?

Are already deleted photos retrievable or embedded in any cards?

I look forward to assistance.

Lol, help me help my friend that it's cheating... Why anyone would cheat and use their phone or any electronic device to facilitate the cheating is dumfounding.

Anyway, you can format the SD card but a blank card will only raise more ire from your, i mean her spouse.

One less dirty pic isn't going to make him less angry or more trustful.

Sent from my Supasonic Bionic!

Lol, help me help my friend that it's cheating... Why anyone would cheat and use their phone or any electronic device to facilitate the cheating is dumfounding.

Anyway, you can format the SD card but a blank card will only raise more ire from your, i mean her spouse.

One less dirty pic isn't going to make him less angry or more trustful.

Still haven't answered my questions. Please help.

You're Sim card stores basic phone data, no pics, text messages, emails, etc.

The SD card can be formatted from the System Settings menu under Storage, Erase Storage.

You're Sim card stores basic phone data, no pics, text messages, emails, etc.

The SD card can be formatted from the System Settings menu under Storage, Erase Storage.

What wod be on SD Card?

BTW, my friend is a physically abused wife. I know that doesn't justify her actions though.

If it shows in the picture Gallery, it is likely on the internal storage. Unless she has changed settings, not much of consequence should be on the actual removable SD card unless she is not using the stock text messaging app.

Either way, the best way to remove evidence is to perform Erase SD card and a Factory Data Reset and check off the box choosing to lose ALL personal data also.

That's the only way to be sure, again the clean slate will likely cause him to be more distrustful but that's the choice

If it shows in the picture Gallery, it is likely on the internal storage. Unless she has changed settings, not much of consequence should be on the actual removable SD card unless she is not using the stock text messaging app.

Either way, the best way to remove evidence is to perform Erase SD card and a Factory Data Reset and check off the box choosing to lose ALL personal data also.

That's the only way to be sure, again the clean slate will likely cause him to be more distrustful but that's the choice

What about text messages?

Text messages will be deleted as well. A factory default reset will return the phone to stock form with everything erased...like a new phone in the box.

If they were deleted, they are already gone if she didn't have a SMS backup app running.

As noted above, factory reset will take care of old text messages

If they were deleted, they are already gone if she didn't have a SMS backup app running.

As noted above, factory reset will take care of old text messages

Will husband be able to know this?

What about her contacts, email, etc?

Depends how smartphone smart he is, a phone with no text message history could be a red flag.

Contacts will be wiped but Google will automatically restore all that she has saved to her google account.

Emails will be unchanged from factory reset, if she deleted them previously and didn't empty trash, they will still be there

You mentioned she is a victim of abuse. I'm going to go a bit off topic here and tell you to tell her to get some help. If the husband is abusive an issue like this would only seem to escalate his anger. For the safety of your friend please report this to the police. The phone has very little to do with this if her husband is physically abusive.

One thing... if the friend has been emailing and texting someone or calling... all the husband has to do is look at the details on her line... all of the numbers will be there... as will the email addresses..he just needs to know where to look.

dezymond said:
You mentioned she is a victim of abuse. I'm going to go a bit off topic here and tell you to tell her to get some help. If the husband is abusive an issue like this would only seem to escalate his anger. For the safety of your friend please report this to the police. The phone has very little to do with this if her husband is physically abusive.

Ditto, her problems are greater than what can be found on her phone. As her friend, the best advice you can give her is to seek the assistance of a women's shelter...even if only for advice and safety tips. She is putting herself in danger as well as the potential unsuspecting affair-ee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back