Any google wallet work around for root?

mauzydpt

Reaction score
I was excited to see pre paid is back but upset to realize that my rooted AOKP ROM will not allow google wallet to work. I understand it is not AOKP's fault but the fact that it is rooted. Has anyone found a work around for this problem?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Works on ICSourcery, not sure what is different from AOKP but i just activated mine yesterday and got the extra $5 for the inconvenience :p

The apk is located in our extra apps section inside the rom, it is not flashed with gapps..

Have you been able to use wallet at a store with ICSOURCERY?

Honestly not yet, the way it logged in and loaded my prepaid google credit i assume it would work fine.. ill give it a run today and post results, i really don't see any reason it wouldn't work.

Just want to add. that i have done nothing special that others havent done to make it work.. If we figure out whats different i will get it out to everyone but at this time i dont see why it works on our rom and not others.

Great, I will try ICSOURCERY first, but hopefully it can work on others too.

Google Wallet also works fine on Axiom Crossbreed M2. If you are rooted you will get the unsupported device banner across the top of the app but it works fine.

Google Wallet also works fine on Axiom Crossbreed M2. If you are rooted you will get the unsupported device banner across the top of the app but it works fine.

Yep, used mine this weekend. Works with all of DT's ROMS. Im running Axiom patient zero v14 right now.

Works on cna 1.5.5. Gives warning of unsupported device due to root, but it still works.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

I had that same banner after updating the app via the work around, using AOKP B28. I reset Google Wallet within the app and now the banner is gone.

Got the banner to go away but nfc didn't work at the store. Starting to think it is my battery. It didn't give me an error message, it just didn't recognize that there was an nfc connection.

Okay one last thought, could my case prohibit the function of nfc?

Okay one last thought, could my case prohibit the function of nfc?

What kind of case? I have the tpu. Fairly thin and it didn't prevent it

Sent from my Googlaxus using DroidForums

Tried it without the case and still not working. So it must be the ROM. I will just have to flash to another rom to use it i guess.

Tried it without the case and still not working. So it must be the ROM. I will just have to flash to another rom to use it i guess.

Have you tried opening GWallet > settings > reset google wallet? Any time if had an issue, I've done so and re-setup, and have had no issues.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Back