Any reason why it seems Verizon gets phones Last?

loki993

Reaction score
Really. They're the biggest carrier, you would think they have to pick of them. However its always the same story. The newest phone comes out and it goes somewhere else. Verizon got the Droid first right? Everything else not so much.

Lets see:
Evo Sprint, 8 months later we get one, albeit a much better updated version, but still.
Atrix Att
LG Optimus Phones not even sure about those Tmobile maybe
EVO 3d sprint
Samsumg GX2
Most recently the HTC sensation which I saw one thing say T mobile again.
etc etc

I mean we just got our first 4g phone and they're about to release the EVO 3d on sprint basically a dual core version of the TB, but better in every way.

I know about the whole waiting for the next new thing, but it just seems like the device on Verizon are always 6 months to a year off of everyone else. It would be a big deal if we got equivalent devices, but we don't usually.

It takes Verizon engineers a few months to cripple each new phone...

My theory is that there are more cellular networks using GSM rather than CDMA. Verizon is only the biggest in the US. Europe uses GSM.

My theory is that there are more cellular networks using GSM rather than CDMA. Verizon is only the biggest in the US. Europe uses GSM.

Yea that's why it takes them longer to design and engineer also with VZW metaphorically looking over their shoulder they have to do this that and another just to have VZW consider taking a look their way.
-Dubsky

Sent from my secret shoe phone.

If Verizon had the best Androids(EVO 3d) they wouldn't be able to sell any Iphones.

hahah exactly!
Come on, that argument might have been valid before the smartphones and android phones came out. Other than things the manufacturers have done, tell me about the lockdowns that are now occurring that VZW is behind. Gone are the days that everyone had the same menu on their phone, long gone is the VZNavigator only allowed, gone are the days that only aGPS was available because true GPS was crippled.

hahah exactly!
Come on, that argument might have been valid before the smartphones and android phones came out.

Just look at all the bloat they add to it. It takes time to wire it in there how they have it where the only way to remove is with root.

Reason that vzw is the last to get phones: the company doesnt agree to vzw's terms to host their phone, easy as that. Thats also why we probably wont see another true google experience phone on vzw.

hahah exactly!
Come on, that argument might have been valid before the smartphones and android phones came out.

Just look at all the bloat they add to it. It takes time to wire it in there how they have it where the only way to remove is with root.

Reason that vzw is the last to get phones: the company doesnt agree to vzw's terms to host their phone, easy as that. Thats also why we probably wont see another true google experience phone on vzw.
The bloatware is not crippling a device. Come on, I gave some valid "crippling" in the past, I want to hear what's "cripplied" on the android phones. I can tell you with AT&T they're not allowing non-market apps to work on their androids, that's crippling. Where's the VZW crippling of our devices.

The bloatware is not crippling a device. Come on, I gave some valid "crippling" in the past, I want to hear what's "cripplied" on the android phones. I can tell you with AT&T they're not allowing non-market apps to work on their androids, that's crippling. Where's the VZW crippling of our devices.

Bloatware cripples it when it helps drain your battery even faster or when it causes your phone to lag or freeze. +1 on the at&t crap, i couldnt do it. I use TiBu too much and like having all of my data saved.

Bloatware cripples it when it helps drain your battery even faster or when it causes your phone to lag or freeze. +1 on the at&t crap, i couldnt do it. I use TiBu too much and like having all of my data saved.
For as much as I dislike bloatware on my TB, I don't think the intent was to purposely cause battery drainage. If I want Blockbuster app, I'll get it from the app store, I agree. As for Titanium Backup, I've had it since my OG Droid rooted in the end of 2009. It's a must when you root your phone.

Perception. Every carrier forum out there has people complaining about not getting the latest devices. They can't all not be getting the latest, obviously.

Yeah Ive considered that, but that doesnt explain Sprint which is also CDMA.

Perception. Every carrier forum out there has people complaining about not getting the latest devices. They can't all not be getting the latest, obviously.

Maybe to a degree, but with Verizon its a proven fact that they get the phones last or not at all. All you have to do is look at the Evo, we just got a TB. Atrix, were getting the Bionic...someday, BBs? How about the Torch, Style and the Bold which came out on Sprint first as well. Thats just off of the top of my head.

Back