ANyone go back to 2.1 after 2.2 OTA

searayman

Reaction score
I got 2.2 OTA update and it keeps dropping my 3g see post here

Since my 3g keeps getting dropped and it was great on 2.1 is there a way to go back to 2.1 after getting 2.2 update? If so please send me in the direction of a guide please!

Thanks!

or at least how i can flash back to the old baseband?

I think your issue is unrelated to the 2.2 OTA. I have the opposite experiance, I am in a fringe area and my signal is better and more stable, same for WiFi and when they switch from one to the other they don't drop downloads etc.

Try updating your PRLs, that is always recommended after any ROM change.

dial *228, select option 2... bet it gets better...if not, it's a Sun spot :)

Besides, currently there is no way to get back to 2.1, and for the life of me I can't understand why anyone would want to anyway. The new OTA 2.2 is VERY nice!

In the physical world that we occupy, it cannot be done.

You can brick your phone if you try as the code signature will not match the updated bootloader. I would recommend doing a factory reset and reprogram it. (Hold hone button during reboot, hit search when triangle appears, wipe data and cache. ) worth a shot

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

In the physical world that we occupy, it cannot be done.

You can brick your phone if you try as the code signature will not match the updated bootloader. I would recommend doing a factory reset and reprogram it. (Hold hone button during reboot, hit search when triangle appears, wipe data and cache. ) worth a shot

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Have tried that already and it didnt help

You can't go back trust me. I tried and bricked mine..lol. it sucked. Verizon is sending me a new one. They were very apologetic.

You can't go back trust me. I tried and bricked mine..lol. it sucked. Verizon is sending me a new one. They were very apologetic.

Have you tried the 2.2 sbf? I am highly curious about it.

Have you tried the 2.2 sbf? I am highly curious about it.

No I haven't. The guy at verizon asked his boss if they had the file yet, and he said not yet. I did try that system 2.2 sbf, but it didn't work.

Back