Anyone's phone not charging over USB (on computer) after update?

Sight

Reaction score
I have always just plugged my old Droid X into my computer at the office and it would charge it (slowly) through the day. The Rezound is now just getting warm and not charging at all after a whole day. It will be at the same spot when it started. I had to bring in a wall charger to get it to charge. I'm just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this? It doesn't get warm if it's not plugged in. There is nothing out of the ordinary going on in the tasks.

I wouldn't know....I charge from the AC unit. I know I could have not said anything at all, but I hate when people look at a post and have nothing to contribute. lol. I'll try the USB charging later though and respond.

Try grabbing battery monitor from the market. It will tell you what the current in/output is your output could be exceeding your input. On that same note did you kill the Verizon battery hog Verizon Location Agent?

Try grabbing battery monitor from the market. It will tell you what the current in/output is your output could be exceeding your input. On that same note did you kill the Verizon battery hog Verizon Location Agent?

I did now. I just froze Verizon Location Agent in Titanium backup is that it?

Do you need to be rooted to neutralize the Verizon backup agent?? Sorry off topic. Btw, I came from droid x too :p

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

Do you HTC drivers installed on the work PC? Mine will USB charge

My phone charges extremely slow now since the update. I leave it plugged in all day at work and still don't get a full charge. How much should the USB be putting out, I get about 120ma through the USB.

My phone charges extremely slow now since the update. I leave it plugged in all day at work and still don't get a full charge. How much should the USB be putting out, I get about 120ma through the USB.

Okay well I guess that answers my questions. I want to like this phone but with the extended battery on here it lasts about as long as my droid X did. I wish we had the Samsung GS2. It seems everyone likes that phone.

Okay well I guess that answers my questions. I want to like this phone but with the extended battery on here it lasts about as long as my droid X did. I wish we had the Samsung GS2. It seems everyone likes that phone.

If you disabled 4G(which I never do) you should see significantly increased battery life. I'm one of the hard headed people that refuse to give up my 4G and will take the battery hit. I always have a charger nearby and my phone can run 6 hours under near constant use without needing to be charged anyway.

If you disabled 4G(which I never do) you should see significantly increased battery life. I'm one of the hard headed people that refuse to give up my 4G and will take the battery hit. I always have a charger nearby and my phone can run 6 hours under near constant use without needing to be charged anyway.

I know but the whole point in upgrading was that feature pretty much. I already have better headphones than the beats so I gave those to my wife. I actually like the phone better with the extended battery on. I put the old one on the other day and I missed the larger back cupped in my hand. I would just think a battery that big would last a couple days of moderate use but it really only lasts one day.

I know but the whole point in upgrading was that feature pretty much. I already have better headphones than the beats so I gave those to my wife. I actually like the phone better with the extended battery on. I put the old one on the other day and I missed the larger back cupped in my hand. I would just think a battery that big would last a couple days of moderate use but it really only lasts one day.

I completely agree with you there. The biggest issue beyond 4G is the SLCD screen. That thing eats extended batteries for breakfast. Just streaming audio on 4G I'm only using ~21mah, however once I turn on the LCD(and leave it on for a bit) the usage jumps to ~500mah. Again, I don't turn down the intensity because I like using the features I paid for and the screen just looks dirty without the brightness turned up. So that's another thing to watch for. Try grabbing Battery Monitor from the market if you're more interested in pegging down what's chewing on your battery and/or how much input you're getting from USB/AC.

If your signal is weak you could be using power to try to maintain a better signal as fast as it is charging, which could also explain the heat. It sounds, because you mentioned the heat, that something is indeed using battery as it is charging.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this TapaTalk post

Back