AOSP E-Mail App

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Is there a way to get the AOSP E-Mail app onto the new GB leak? I'm rooted and all and have the e-mail .apk from Rubix 2.0.1, but it won't install. Is there a way this can be installed or something? The blur e-mail app sucks so much. It takes forever to get push notifications from my exchange account.

are you talking the original stock android email? i have that .apk, but it's the same one that's been on every version of vanilla android to date, that i know of...

are you talking the original stock android email? i have that .apk, but it's the same one that's been on every version of vanilla android to date, that i know of...

Can you send it to me or something? I got one out of the Rubix ROM, but it won't install. I'd like to try yours if thats cool. I'm in the IT department and e-mail is the fastest way to get a hold of me, but not if it takes 20 minutes get the e-mail.

just pm'd you the link

Thats the one! Many thanks man. Guess I grabbed the wrong one from the Rubix ROM file.

awesome - glad it worked

Sorry to be late to the party, but is it possible that I can get a copy of that as well?

Thanks for the link. I have a question though, should that work if installed on the Droid X? I installed it and configured my email account, but when I press the menu button to look at folders the app crashes. Nothing I tried worked, so I wasn't sure if it should even work. Any idea?

Thanks for the link. I have a question though, should that work if installed on the Droid X? I installed it and configured my email account, but when I press the menu button to look at folders the app crashes. Nothing I tried worked, so I wasn't sure if it should even work. Any idea?

hmm... I would think it should work - you might google "stock android email apk" and see if you can find a newer version on xda or something... it should work on just about any phone though - you could always clear data and try reinstalling it as well

I did clear the data and tried a reinstall, but those didn't work. I also tried clearing cache and a factory restore but those didn't work either. I am running the GB .595 leak, if that makes a difference. I will try a google search and see if I can find a newer version. Thanks for your help.

Last edited:
Back