Apple Self-Driving Car

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
apple-car-sign.jpg

No way was Cupertino going to sit by idle while Google storm the industry with self-driving cars. Apple does what they do best, they sit back and let someone else take the beating with early tech and they swoop in right on time with powerful marketing that make people forget that someone else had the idea first (*cough* Google Wallet).

The WSJ is reporting that Apple plans on releasing a self-driving electric car (code name Titan) in 2019. Such a revolutionary idea except Google has been working on a self-driving car for almost two years now. We have seen the fruits (no pun intended) of their labor in the cars driving in California filming for Google Maps. These self-driving cars have been involved in a few fender benders as well, to no fault of their own. Still it will be interesting to see the Apple/Android war involving automobiles. Let the fruit and robot bashing begin.

Source: Apple Targets Electric-Car Shipping Date for 2019

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd love to see the work Apple is putting into their system. We know what Google has been doing but so far its just an announcement by Apple with nothing to show for it.

google-car.jpg

No @bkdodger you can not root your google car so you can supe it up to race an apple car.
31197ce4_HCBIOS.png
Wait....we know someone is going to find a way and there will be crackflashers in the parking lot like "wait I just have 20% to go".

*cough* notification center
*cough* Hey, Siri
*cough* widgets
*cough* live wallpapers
*cough* ...oh wait. This is an article about Apple car.

All I can say is that I hope they improve their version of Maps a lot before they cut people loose on road trips in the iCar.

I was about to say, if Apple makes a car as well as they do their Maps app, then drivers will REALLY be screwed!

My guess is that Apple will have decided that you can't go over 37mph or make left turns... because, you know, who really needs that?

And 3 years from now when they update it to include left turns, Apple fans will rejoice over their new feature...

So how long before Microsoft join in (they are prepared for the control alt delete jokes I'm sure)?

And 3 years from now when they update it to include left turns, Apple fans will rejoice over their new feature...
And then they'll patent left hand turns so every car whether it's self driving or not will have to pay royalties to turn the steering wheel.

Good times shall be had by all.

I think I may have found a new reason to bring the rescue squad back.

Think fast n furious meet the rooting community.

We open up car shops to help people supe up their Google mobile. We will have the pipes, headers, and all as well as helping them root and use apps to overclock it.

What y'all think?

@Jonny Kansas @jstafford1 y'all in?

What liability?

lol, why do I like the idea of "overclocking my car"! Lowering voltages may not be a bright idea, but if I have twice the CPU power, I go twice as fast, right? :cool:

Forget Siri or Cortana, I WANT JARVIS! And specifically Paul Bettany as the voice! :D

Rooting would allow for an app to change fuel pressure, spark advance, and other things, without going to a shop, just change it and GO!

lol, why do I like the idea of "overclocking my car"! Lowering voltages may not be a bright idea, but if I have twice the CPU power, I go twice as fast, right? :cool:

Forget Siri or Cortana, I WANT JARVIS! And specifically Paul Bettany as the voice! :D

Rooting would allow for an app to change fuel pressure, spark advance, and other things, without going to a shop, just change it and GO!
I can see Google releasing it open like it did the Droid to get free development....errr encourage open development. And then after they get all the free development Samsung will come with their S car with all those features stock as well as a bunch of bloat that slows down the car after using it for 6 months, and will have a locked bootloader that will shut your car down when it detects that it is rooted.

Back