Are there Mp3 Player Apps?

pointzero1

Reaction score
I know little to none about apps and what apps are available. I was wondering are there apps that have better UI than the stock android mp3 player? And if so what are they?

I am asking for apps that play your own mp3s, not services like pandora or tunewiki.

There are a bunch, but personally i stick with stock because I hate having a bunch of apps on my phone that have the same function.

mixzing is a nice one with an equilizer and other functions.
cube (3) is another with a different UI.

Thanks for the quick and informative responses.

Ill google search the recommended apps as I don't own an android phone yet. And thanks for the direct link to the cubed^3 app review.

I use TuneWiki. It really doesn't have anything that stands above the other players; it was a choice of preference for me. Three things it does have that I like are the ability to download lyrics played back in real time during the song, playlist editing, and shuffling playlists completely rather than having to select a song first.

Feel free to add your own comments on this app if you desire; I'm open to alternatives.

dancedroid

My big issue with the mp3 players on Android, is that most of them screw up album order (yes, my files are tagged correctly). The only one that seems to get it right is Cubed (3). Hoping for a better one that gets the number order right.

My big issue with the mp3 players on Android, is that most of them screw up album order (yes, my files are tagged correctly). The only one that seems to get it right is Cubed (3). Hoping for a better one that gets the number order right.
I know, you'd think the music player would be simple.

I use my old Droid as an mp3 player in my car - I just leave it hooked up and mounted. With the Android player, you have to pull over and hold the device in your hand and jump around just to do something like set it to random play (instead of party shuffle, which is slightly easier to get to). And heaven forbid if you are on a song and want to go to another song from that same album or artist - again you will have to pull over and pick up the phone and start long pressing and clicking. It is utterly ridiculous. :(

With cubed, it works normally. You sort by album, artist, or song. You flick up/down or left/right to scroll thru stuff (like a "cube"). You click on an album or artist and guess what? It shows all songs from that album (or artist) - and you click on it and it plays. Imagine that! And this is true whether you click on the art of the playing song, or if you "flick" around and click on an the album art of something else. It will also still be in random mode if you then click Next! What a novel idea giving the music player, normal music player controls. It has the shuffle and repeat button right on the player. The player can go full screen. The controls can be up at the top or bottom (I love them up top, because I can hit "next" while driving without having to look). You can change whether you are sorting by album/artist/song right from the main screen too.

I have TuneWiki too, though I only use that when I want lyrics.

Back