auto-connect bluetooth?

Twinmom143

Reaction score
So, I set up my Fascinate to connect to the bluetooth hands free system in my car. But, when I get in the car now, the phone says "paired but not connected" and each time I start the car I have to select the bluetooth and make selections until it connects.

Does anyone know how to make it autoconnect when I start the car (like my old phone used to do)? I'm sure there is a way, I just cannot figure it out! HELP!
icon_%20banana.gif

ignitros

Reaction score
I've run into this problem as well. My Droid 1 and Droid X would both auto connect to car and my Motorola S9-HD headset. With my Fascinate I have to go into the menu every time and enter in that damn 4 digit code to get it to connect.... VERY annoying! I would love to find out if someone has a fix for this or are we just stuck waiting for custom ROMs?

happygas

Reaction score
Bluetooth auto-connect

I currently have a fascinate and the s9hd motorola bluetooth headset. My device will pair, but no sound will be heard from the headset. I have contacted motorola and samsung and they have no solutions for the problem. the only compatibilty issue i can see is the motorola is bluetooth version 2.1 and the samsung is version 3.0. Samsung said this will probably be fixed in the froyo update. Once conncected or paired, under the bluetooth settings you can disonnect and reconnect and the music will play. I am frustrated as well.

ignitros

Reaction score
I've noticed that the Fascinate is very peticular about the order with which you turn devices on. Make sure you enable BT on the phone first then turn on the headset and it should connect. I have gotten into the habit of going into settings and turning the BT on there and then going into BT settings and watching it connect when I power on the headset. I have the Moto S9HD too.

I have found it VERY unreliable to turn on the BT from the power bar so don't waste your time doing it there. Just remember to turn it on in the phone.... then turn on the headset.