Auxilary speaker in truck

dThurman

Reaction score
I run a business out of my truck & home, mostly from the truck. My old phone, a Motorola E815 had a "cradle" in the truck, which when the phone was attached to it the incoming call could be heard via an auxiliary speaker under the dash. With this new Droid 2, and it's cradle, I cannot hear any of the incoming calls. Does anyone know of a way to attach an external speaker to this phone while is is docked in the truck? Thanks, David

I use the aux. Jack on my stereo, just drop it in the cradle and connect the cable and i'm set. Hear the ringer and caller voice through the car speakers kinda like OnStar.

Sent from Droid2

I use the aux. Jack on my stereo, just drop it in the cradle and connect the cable and i'm set. Hear the ringer and caller voice through the car speakers kinda like OnStar.

Sent from Droid2

I do this too and stream music to/from work. Calls sound amazing and people have no problem hearing me even with the windows down.

If you are just plugging it into a mounted speaker then it's a 3.5mm jack that you want. Plugs into the port by your power button on top. Phone in cradle. 3.5mm jack to whatever plugs into your speaker.

I feel like popping myself on the back of the head for that one. YES, I have the MP3 connection on my truck radio, YES, I have a cord which fits the Droid 2 and the radio, NO, I'm not thinking very well tonight am I? Thanks for the suggestions. I have the cord lying with the phone to use in the A.M. I have a few calls to make while going to a job. I got too used to this "hands free" calling with the other phone. Let's see how this works. Boys and their toys, HUH? David

an E815... wow... quite a jump from that to a droid. I had that same phone. One thing I miss about it is how loud it was and how 'hard' it vibrated. When it vibrated, even while laying on the pillow, it shook the bed. hahah

ex wife had one too and she'd keep snoozing it on the one day a month I could sleep in. An E815 also makes a good shotput. How she could sleep through it I'll never know.

I LOVED my E815...still have it!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Back