backup a list of installed market apps?

tktouch12

Reaction score
i'm just wondering if there is a way to backup the list of market apps i've downloaded so i can reinstall them easily? i dont care about the actual data just the name of all of them so if i restore, i know what i had installed. is there an easy way?
thanks

Yep, it's an app called "App List" (surprisingly enough)

thanks. thats really all i need to make myself feel better

Last time I did a hard reset and wiped my device it reinstalled all my apps automatically. I have no idea how but it did. After I logged into my gmail account everything started to appear. It was actually pretty cool.

The phone backs up the installed programs to your main google account so if you get a new droid or have to wipe the phone clean it will download the programs from google.

The phone backs up the installed programs to your main google account so if you get a new droid or have to wipe the phone clean it will download the programs from google.

Is this list available somewhere that I could get to through my google account (on the PC)?

You can also use a program like Astro to backup all your apps to your SD card.

You need to have Settings->Privacy->Back up my settings turned on for this to work. It is off by default.

even the free apps?

You need to have Settings->Privacy->Back up my settings turned on for this to work. It is off by default.

if i turn it on now will it back them up? or did i have to do it right when i got the phone

If you turn it on now, yes, it will make a backup list. My issue with this is that if you installed some app that totally F'ed up your phone, when you do a hard-reset, it loads it right back on.

I keep it off. When I hard-reset, it's sort of a way to keep my "app-happy" self in check...as in, after the hard-reset, I'll download only the apps I 'need' right then.

Back