backupassistanceclient zipped/attached if you "lost" it

steven.rn

Reaction score
I saw a buncha folks asking for this so I thought I'd post it to be found easily and reduce the load on other threads.

Cheers! dancedroid

(mods, please feel free to blow this post out if it's a duplication)

Attachments

• BackupAssistanceClient.zip
    72.6 KB · Views: 428
What do we do with it?

Sorry, shoulda been plainer of speech.

Some folks got root on the droid x, and deleted this file thinking it was "bloat". Not a good move; you need this file.

If you didn't delete it yourself, you have it. The attached zip is just a copy of what was originally on the phone so you can replace it if you deleted it and don't have a copy.

What do we do with it?

Sorry, shoulda been plainer of speech.

Some folks got root on the droid x, and deleted this file thinking it was "bloat". Not a good move; you need this file.

If you didn't delete it yourself, you have it. The attached zip is just a copy of what was originally on the phone so you can replace it if you deleted it and don't have a copy.
...I know that much. I meant if we deleted it how do we put it back on the phone.

I saw a buncha folks asking for this so I thought I'd post it to be found easily and reduce the load on other threads.

Cheers! dancedroid

(mods, please feel free to blow this post out if it's a duplication)

I'm one of the idiots that deleted this. In my defense, I thought I had it backed up though, and it turns out I did not do the backup correctly.:blink:

Thank you for posting this. I grabbed your file and reinstalled, is that all I need to do?

The 2.1 backup assistant update is gone as well. Will I need that too? And if so, can you post this?

Back