BAD ESN question

roach

Reaction score
[h=3]I have a droid razr maxx_hd but it blacked out,what I need to no if I buy a phone with a bad esn can I put my sim card in it.[/h]Will it work.
THANKS

You could put your SIM in it but it would be unlikely to do anything so no real help. The SIM needs to activate with the ESN.

You could put your SIM in it but it would be unlikely to do anything so no real help. The SIM needs to activate with the ESN.
I thought if a person takes his sim card and puts in another phone it would be ok,like I put the sim card in my wifes phone it's the same as mine and it worked.I figure if it worked in hers it would work in another phone.
Thank's

If you put your sim card into a new phone or a phone with a good esn, yes the phone will start up with your account information. A bad esn means than Verizon thinks the phone is lost or stolen and added the esn to a list that will keep the phone from activating/working.

And just to add to what Mike said, Verizon probably won't activate it for you either whether you bring in the phone to a corporate store or call them as it's on the "bad esn" list.

Buying a phone with a bad esn is no good.......the phone was most likely stolen.....I would stay away from it....

sent from my hot Note 3

If you put your sim card into a new phone or a phone with a good esn, yes the phone will start up with your account information. A bad esn means than Verizon thinks the phone is lost or stolen and added the esn to a list that will keep the phone from activating/working.
Thanks,I remember watching a video on youtube this guy took his sim card out and stuck it in a phone with either a locked phone or a bad esn I forgot.

I thought if a person takes his sim card and puts in another phone it would be ok,like I put the sim card in my wifes phone it's the same as mine and it worked.I figure if it worked in hers it would work in another phone.
Thank's

You're thinking about unlocked GSM (AT&T, T-Mobile) phones. Your only hope is if the RAZR is a 'world' phone and includes a GSM radio. If it does and the GSM part is unlocked then you should be able to put a SIM card from a GSM carrier and use the phone.

Back