Battery calibration

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hey my battery suddenly sucks! Anyone use battery calibrator and does it work. My phone is only 4 months old. I can't believe that the battery could be this bad so fast. Also how is juice defender ultimate working for anyone?

Sent from my rooted DROID2

i have calibrated my battery before but realistically i think any effect i have noticed has been a placebo effect. some people advocate doing it after any rom flash and recently i have seen cellzealot from tbh saying he used a battery calibrator to get ridiculously good battery life, so i guess it's possible.

Very much so! A dev over at xda released an app called Battery Calibration and its awesome! :)

This thread has been Thunder struck!

I have a dx with an extended battery and used that app and haven't noticed a difference. I actually haven't noticed that big of a difference in battery since goin from stock to extended. Not sure if I got a dud battery or what. :/

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

interesting. i have actually heard that one of the most appropriate times to calibrate the battery is after popping in an extended battery.

It is. I did a bump charge and calibrated it at that level.

This thread has been Thunder struck!

I'm thinking I have a bad battery. I get like 13 hrs or so and its at like 40-30%. And I mostly text. I have heard keeping it on vibrate kills thebbattery faster (which I do for work in retail).

Thats pretty good battery time. I dont think yours is bad

I thought so but I srr other people getting like 20+ and stuff. So I figured I would get around 15-17 hrs. But I guess there is something else to it. Oh well. Sorry for taking over this tread btw.

The biggest test of battery life is how long can your phone last, unplugged, while say watching or even streaming movies until it dies. I can manage 6.5 to 7 hours with my current battery life maximizing set up.

If I let my phone sit around with the screen off and in airplane mode, sure as heck I can hit 18+ hours and have over 80% remaining. But thats not a reliable measure of battery life.

I'm gonna try that. Ill pit some movies on here and see how long I can get it to go.

I heard the best time to run battery calibrator is when the batter is just about dead to get the full effect. Any thoughts on this?

Sent from my rooted DROID2

Back