Battery life app or program that tells me whats using the battery the most

fantom557

Reaction score
I know there are a lot of battery usage threads out there and a lot of opinions on how to ge the most of the battery. but is there an app that will track whats really using up the battery over a time period. some days i get great usage time and some days i dont but what i dont know is whats killing the battery usage on a constant basses. i am not a fan of task killers. i know 4G drains the battery but i bought the phone for 4G otherwise i would have bought a 3G phone i should not have to turn it off to get more time. I know the droids are not the best on battery because i have an iphone and yes it last longer, but all in all all i love the droids and will stay loyal to them. but i was wandering if there is a very good battery monitor app out there that will tell me what apps are using the most battery over a period of time. If does not exist so be it but its more of a curiosity issue. i bought the the phone to use not sit and look nice so let me know your thoughts.

BetterBatteryStats works for me. Tells you how many times it woke up ur phone, time up, etc. Is your battery draining in standby?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

BetterBatteryStats works for me. Tells you how many times it woke up ur phone, time up, etc. Is your battery draining in standby?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

thank you my battery drains a bit in standby mode

Are you rooted, rom'd or stock? If you're stock (or even some older ROMS), it sounds like the keep awake if your burning your battery in standby mode. Try to get in the habit of letting your screen timeout (instead of turning the screen off with the power button). This could solve your problem rather than trying to analyze the battery stats. At least until the next OTA is out.

I run Juicedefender/ultimatejuice and get GREAT battery life. Im at 4.5 hours on battery right now... and at 68% the majority has been screen because I was checking facebook, i downloaded a podcast over 4g, made 3 phone calls and sent about 20 texts... Im rooted on CNA 1.1.4 overclocked to 1.35

whats wrong with the stock battery stats "app" (settings>battery) it gives me all the info i need. if anything is above display, android OS, phone idle, and cell standby then i know there is an issue.

also, you may want to check out CPU spy, it can tell you how much your phone is at a certain frequency. i notice mine is in deep sleep mode quite a bit. and so should yours, unless you are on it constantly.
i had a pretty heavy usage day yesterday, constand 4g, 2.75hrs screen on time, one 700mb file downloaded over wifi, a few phone calls, some game playing, constant email pulling, 20-30 texts, forum browsing ect and i got 9.5 hours and i was at 10% and had to turn off data to conserve.

i am rooted/ROM'ed and Kernal'd, but i find the stock battery manager app gives plenty of info to keep track of rogue apps.

Another vote for the Settings/Battery feature that is stock on the phone. I used to use BetterBatteryStats, but I now rely on the Settings/Battery. YMMV!!!

Good luck

i bought the the phone to use not sit and look nice so let me know your thoughts.

That's the problem with the huge screen, the Display is most likely your biggest culprit, by far. Right now, on AOKP M3 ROM and Franco's 16.0 kernel, I get about 3.5/4 hours of screen on time over a full day. If you enable certain kernel settings (HotPlug for example, shuts off CPU1 when the screen is off) you can save a lot of battery when it is in IDLE. There isn't much you can do if you are actually USING your phone all the time, because it is predominately your display. Try lowering the Display %

i know 4G drains the battery but i bought the phone for 4G otherwise i would have bought a 3G phone i should not have to turn it off to get more time.

I turn on 4G when I'm in a 4G area and when I am going to use the phone doing something, like surfng, where that extra download speed is important. Otherwise I'm not interested in paying the price in terms of battery consumption to remain connected to 4G. YMMV!!!

Back