Battle Of The Browsers

WenWM

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
browse.jpg

Finding that perfect browser for your device is something that makes owning an Android device a bit hard, all those decisions sometimes make life harder, well PCWorld has something for you. They have put together a battle of the browsers, and the winner seem pretty obvious. First place went to Skyfire, which I personally have known since it made its first debut on Windows Phone and now is my second favorite browser on Android. The second place went to the stock browser, which was .1 seconds better than my favorite browser... Opera.

Long story short, all these browsers are great, but if you are less for visual and more for speed, Skyfire is your best bet for the experience you want.

xscope wasn't included in this test unfortunately. I have been using that browser and it seems pretty fast. Wonder how it would have fared?

Yeah, I was also quite disappointed not to see xscope in the comparison. I use that as my default browser.

why am i missing about skyfire.. i've barely heard of it so they're must be reasons its not as popular as dolphin HD?

Missing information

it seems that there is information missing that would help users to make knowledgeable decisions on which browser to use. While Skyfire blows the others away in load speed you make a comment that leaves me thinking I would not get the best experience if I used Skyfire. can you tell me what you mean by "if you are less for visual and more for speed"

i use opera mini and love it...might not be "visually" cool but its simple, to the point, and way fast for me and it "loads" the pages before it actually gets loaded if u understand what im saying..lol...but i have never tried skyfire..i dont see many good reviews and i see a lot of mixed reviews on xscope and i think u have to pay for xscope now also

Yeah, I was also quite disappointed not to see xscope in the comparison. I use that as my default browser.

Indeed, xScope definitely beats the rest hands down. Perhaps it's too far ahead of the pack to include in the chart, after all we wouldn't want to smash the crap out of the orhers-that just wouldn't be very kind ;)

someone with authority might wanna send pc world a email or a phone call and tell them they missed the most popular browser on the android market.....xscope 6 that is a crappy round up without it

wow, xscope has a lot of praise. I guess i can try it out. I was using Dolphin HD, because it was so much like using firefox or opera. I installed Skyfire and didnt see any special about it. Before i make the purchase, how does xscope handle flash? Downloading (say 300mb media)?

wow, xscope has a lot of praise. I guess i can try it out. I was using Dolphin HD, because it was so much like using firefox or opera. I installed Skyfire and didnt see any special about it. Before i make the purchase, how does xscope handle flash? Downloading (say 300mb media)?

Just as well as any of the others... if not better.

Try the Lite version before purchase.

Just as well as any of the others... if not better.

Try the Lite version before purchase.
wow, im liking this browser. very clean. fast as well. need to test it out some more.

why are you guys putting down Skyfire i just switched from Xscope to skyfire and its way fast but xscope has allways been my fav so i guess i use both :p

Back