Beaups Unlocks The Verizon Galaxy S5 Bootloader!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

If you decided to skip the Galaxy S6 in favor of holding on to your Verizon Galaxy S5 you made a good choice! It took several months just to get the Verizon Galaxy S5 rooted. The Galaxy S5 community pulled their resources together pledging over $20,000 for a root method. Not long after the pledged amount reached $20,000 hacking legend Geohot stepped up to the plate and in less than 24 hours did what was previously thought impossible in releasing a one click root method "TowelRoot" for the device.

More than a year later Beaups of the TheRootNinja team has posted a proof of concept video. The video shows a Galaxy S5 bootloader being placed into developer mode. There is no ETA as to when this will be released. It may never be released. Ideally this would need to be developed into a safe procedure with low brick risk before the public could use this. If this is released we will finally be able to run some full on custom AOSP roms on this device!

Awesome.. let the fun begin..

Just before they are on the verge of releasing the s7. I'm not sure I am liking this trend. Then again those that really care about unlocking bootloaders are slim and most gravitate towards the nexus.

Sent from my Nexus 6

Back