Benchmarks of HTC Pyramid's Dual-Core Snapdragon - Speedy but Slower than Tegra 2

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
HTC_Pyramid_Chart.png

Here's a benchmark from smartphonebenchmarks.com of the coming new HTC Pyramid that we revealed to you this morning. This phone utilizes Qualcomm’s dual-core Snapdragon chipset. As you can see, the phone's performance is impressive, but it comes in third to a few Tegra 2 powered devices, like the Moto Atrix and LG Optimus 2X.

Keep in mind that this is likely a prototype or at least an unoptimized demo version of the phone, so it is likely that the final release version will perform more competitively. It does help showcase just how impressive of a product that NVIDIA has created in the Tegra 2. They definitely seem to be setting the "bar" upon which all other phone chipsets will test themselves. We shall have to wait and see. Regardless, I'm still anxious to find out more about this HTC Pyramid, and we will keep you guys apprised as we find out more.

Source: Phandroid via Smartphonebenchmarks.com

At this point, I dont really care about benchmarks anymore. Overclocking either. I want features. All the upcoming dual core phones are gonna be so similar you cant really go wrong.

Could this be because their dual core chip is ARM Cortex 8 based and not 9 like the Tegra 2 and OMAP 4?

Will you notice anything real world? they need to have a real-world bench mark, with snappiness and responsive ratings.

Could this be because their dual core chip is ARM Cortex 8 based and not 9 like the Tegra 2 and OMAP 4?

That is a very good observation :)

Aside, though, ARM has already released their A15 architecture. Im waiting til next year for a new phone.

Back