Best Calender Widget??

olletsocmit

Reaction score
What is the best calender widget you guys use? I was thinking of getting Pure Calender Grid widget.

I use CalWidget. Gives me what I want, and is the most simple and elegant one I've tried.

For a grid calender widget its: Pure Grid Calender
For an agenda widget its a tie between: Pure Calender or Weather Forecast ( To me I love Weather Forecast + Calender)

I am using both free apps

Cal Widget
S2 Calendar

They compliment each other nicely and work great.

I paid for Weather Forecast widget (donate) and i've stopped using it. i've used a few other calendar/agenda widgets and none of them really impress me. the hoops that you have to go through to get them setup everytime you want to change something irritates me.

so i've given up on having an agenda on my screen and just let reminders keep me in the loop.

I use cal widget... I like the agenda views. It also allows skinning (translucents) as well as color options. Very elegant for upcoming events...

For a great free calender widget...u can't beat calwidget...very nice basic app and has decent custom options

I use tcalendar so i can see the date on my home screen and pair it with astrid. I love astrid to do list and the tcalendar widget looks good when its next to it.

Does the Pure Calendar Widget (agenda) sync with Google Calendar like CalWidget does?

Astrid / Google calendar -Tasks synchroniztion

Does the Pure Calendar Widget (agenda) sync with Google Calendar like CalWidget does?

Yes, it does and if you Astrid it integrates with that and syncs that to your google calender

So;
Pure Calendar Widget makes a "home" screen display of "purely" calendar info,
- lists events entered in Google calendar(s) for your google user ID.
- lists Tasks entered in your Google calendar's "Tasks" area
- lists tasks from Astrid which are not hidden and not completed

and also somehow syncs Astrid tasks with your Google calendar "Tasks", adding Astrid entries to your Google calendar Tasks, and adds Google calendar Tasks entries to your Astrid Task List?

I'm trying to understand before needlessly diving into RTM. I'd rather use the Astrid / Google calendar combo, and Pure Calendar Widget, if it is a needed link.

From what I can tell, Astrid does not presently directly support Google calendar synchronization. It also appears that Google calendar doesn't support the complexities of RTM or Astrid, so it wouldn't be a viable "backup" for Astrid where complex structures were used.

Maybe I should start a new thread for "the To-Do cloud", but this thread is somewhat informative for starters!

Last edited:
Back