Best way to purchase the prime

Abs

Reaction score
Maybe I'm out of the loop, but how do you guys plan on purchasing the prime? I know my Droid 2 is practically ancient by now in Android terms (lol) and I've had it about a year. If you guys are like me and have no upgrade... are you just going to purchase it retail or is there something I don't know?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

If the phone wows me I will purchase it retail and then sell my Bionic. Best Buy is always offering 6-18 month no interest deals so I just put the phone on that card and then pay it down. Done and done!

Surely everyone one the "buying" list won't be shelling out $700 or however much it is for this phone. If my girlfriend knew I was spending $700 or w/e on a "toy", she would kill me lol. Is anybody thinking about ebay or craigslist or something? Possibly a sneaky "get someone on your plan to upgrade to the prime and put it on your line"?

would it make sense to get a iphone4s and sell it and buy this since the iphone is subsidized more than other phones (about $100 more than the bionic retail and about $100 less on an upgrade price)

These are the types of things I'm wondering too. Can I start a new line on my plan and get a new smartphone for cheap, then go home and switch it to my old unlimited data line and make the new line just a regular $10/month line? I would still have to pay 240 for the $10/month 2 year contract but I would save more than 240 on the phone I want. Will verizon let you work their system?

Yes, you can add the line and then switch the phone over. Ask them to put a dummy ESN under the new line. This is how I got the thunderbolt.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

^Hmm, this may be a good thing to do to keep up with the fast moving tech! So both lines should offer the upgrade discounts for renewals then correct? You could just keep rotating in new phones and selling the old ones. It would be ideal to get a new phone each year. That should keep us current enough!

I'm still on the Motorola Droid from the launch day, and Verizon has me all set up for an upgrade. Yaaaaay.

I will probably wait 2-3 weeks after the Galaxy Nexus to purchase it. Just to make sure ICS is nice and smooth without any (big) bugs, but also because I'm hoping the price will drop $100-150 in those three weeks. Kind of hopefully, but it's happened before.

I used to work for a Verizon call center, shortly before the bionic came out. Yes, you can add a line and pay the 2 yr price and not use the second line. Happens all the time. That being said, I'm hoping for a holiday deal

Yeah, real estate, that's a brilliant idea; I can't ever imagine a real estate bubble bursting!

What are things people said in 2007 that they regret?

I'll take potent potables for 800.

walkin the walk while tappin the talk
danceswithbongs

I think that's a spammer. He said something random in my newbie thread too.

But don't spammers usually push an actual product? I mean this one has no real item. I mean if it promised size increase or a million buck from a Nigerian Prince. But it's completely nebulous

danceswithbongs

Yeah, real estate, that's a brilliant idea; I can't ever imagine a real estate bubble bursting!

What are things people said in 2007 that they regret?

I'll take potent potables for 800.

danceswithbongs

Spammer's gone, you might wanna edit your quote.. doesn't make much sense now.. come to think about... it actually works well with some of your other quotes.. :D

Back