Bionic promised Jelly Bean!!!

Moto facebook page confirms that JB will also be released for Bionic in the coming months. But Motorola promised upgrades for few other devices and backed off at the last minute. So the question is, will they keep their word?

http://www.facebook.com/motorola

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+PunitSoni/posts

"We're happy to announce that DROID BIONIC by Motorola is getting Android ICS in phases starting today. But that's the not only sweet treat we're planning, DROID BIONIC will also receive Jelly Bean in the coming months. Keep up to date about software upgrade news with the Motorola Android Software Upgrade News site:"

Punit Soni is owning it, good enough for me.

So to recap, the OTA is 246 not 247 and we are getting JB. Imagine that. As for Moto, I am very pleased. Everyone screws up including me (well especially me) but the true measure of a company/person is admiting it and then fixing it. Moto has done both, and done it very well.

So I am VERY elated that my phone is running the official ICS build, but more I can't stop wondering when the JB leaks will start showing up. Not real hopeful, assuming probably February/March.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

I have limited experience with ics, what does jb bring to the table to make it better

ya as long as it took them to get ICS out to the bionic JB could be years lol :biggrin:

My only concern is flash. I have an N7 and flash is not supported on JB
. I had to side load it, it works just not as well as. It does on my Bionic

Moto facebook page confirms that JB will also be released for Bionic in the coming months. But Motorola promised upgrades for few other devices and backed off at the last minute. So the question is, will they keep their word?

Motorola | Facebook

And the answer is yes. The thing is that those promises were made under the pre-Google-merger Motorola Mobility. Since then former Google+ mobile leader, Punit Soni, was promoted to Vice President of Product Management at Motorola Mobility. Interestingly enough, he's hasn't had his job two months and he's gotten Ice Cream Sandwich on AT&T's Motorola Atrix 2, is currently getting ICS on the Droid Bionic, and has made a timeline for device upgrades and upgrade eligibility in addition to offering a $100 credit to purchasers of recent MM phones that won't be getting Jellybean.

More to the point, Punit understood the pain of Bionic owners and vowed to bring ICS it, saying that Bionic owners are one of the top things he worries about when he looks at upgrades. He said that a month ago and delivered within around 28 days, and now he's promising JB.

Back