black screen of death

john.gilbert

Reaction score
I purchased the droid bionic from verizon the day of release. I am now on my 3rd phone. This last event happened as follows. I am turning in for bed I plug the phone into the stand (model CSD-8112) MADE BY Motorol;)a. I turn off the phone and wake up with a black screen. I could not get the phone to turn on. I tried. 3 different chargers & 2 different batteries. The first time (my first phone) the screen went blank while using it. The second phone went blank in the charging stand. Anyone have any ideals?

Black screen of death is a known issue. The upcoming issue I found is that the hdmi audio is bad on a lot of these phones. To check this seedy set lock screen sounds on, turn up the volumes and push the power button. If you hear a sound then your fine, if not then the hdmi audio is bad. You could take the charge in and make sure it is working properly.

"But WHY THE RUM?!!"

I had this problem when I went to work and left it in my pocket on standby, then went to turn it on, would not turn on unless I pulled the battery. Normally when I'm at work I hold the power and put it in "sleep mode", never had the problem sense.

Back