Bluetooth/a2dp/music in car/etc (stupid stock music app)

them0nk

Reaction score
I have a 2011 subaru wrx... it has in-dash stock bluetooth pairing for music and calling... i've never had a problem with the car side with my evo...

But.. with the bionic if i run poweramp/slacker and try to listen to those in the car if i hit the skip button on my car it immediately starts playing something from the stock music app... DRIVES ME BONKERS... driving a stick is bad enough in traffic but to have to Fork with your phone because some metal song goes blaring when you hit next instead of the dubstep slacker cached radio... uh... speechless without profanities.

I tried enabling poweramp and slacker to respond to headset controls but then BOTH play... thats a wonderful thought and all (make your own skrillex mixes) but not cool none-the-less...

any ideas? i saw something about freezing the music app in titanium... bit afraid to do that who knows what'd happen.

I can't find ANYTHING to disable the stock music app from responding to bluetooth media controls... then again there is like NO options in the music app. at least that i could find... and i'm about positive even if i RTFM they're not going to mention some secret way to default bluetooth controls to a different music app... somewhat retarded that they didn't stop to think for 2 seconds "what if they want to use a music app from the market?" (the conscious reply was probably - Nope they have to use ours)

i'm thinking motorola < htc (by a long shot) as far as normal apps go. the evo music app could ignore bluetooth commands via options, amongst many other things... sense is terrible in it's own ways, but it's YOU remember (lol, stupid commercials)

i can't wait for cm7. seriously there is too many stupid things motorola has done to this phone... from leaving out a notification toggle, the music app, the retarded gallery, etc.

i did read in another post i didn't want to jack - i think the ford sync problem is based on this as well... my car immediately *presses play* when you start it and guess what it plays from. UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Bump - froze the stock music app with titanium backup... slacker doesn't seem to recognized the media controls via bluetooth. haven't messed with poweramp to see if it will forward without getting the stock music app involved.

Another update, slacker does respond to bt media controls now...

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Back