Bluetooth for all voice functions

DRMMR02

Reaction score
I have a Droid X running the leaked 2.2 I use the Voice Actions feature somewhat, and I also run Handcent SMS. My question is, is there any way to unify all voice input functions to operate over bluetooth? Like when composing a message in Handcent, when you click the little microphone, it only picks up sound from the phone handset and not a bluetooth device. This is annoying to do if your phone is not close to you. Likewise with the new Google Voice Actions. One cannot use the "Send text" or "Navigate to" functions unless they hold the phone next to their mouth.

Is there an app or hack out there that allows one to root all voice actions through a bluetooth device when one is active? I would like to be able to send and voice-dictate text messages through a bluetooth as well as control other phone functions. Having to hold the phone in your hand to do these things, while driving for instance, defeats the whole purpose.

Seriously? No one has any idea what I'm talking about?

I know exactly what he is talking about because the droid voice commands are useless to me while I am drive my noisy like 4*4. That plus the fact that I can not hear the navigator makes my old Garmin look pretty good.

All it would take is a selectable cross-command to route the audio side of navigator to the BT port.

Seriously? No one has any idea what I'm talking about?

You were quite clear in what you're asking. I just don't know of anything that will do that.

It certainly makes sense to me, specially if you have your phone in your pocket and you're driving. Another thing is when navigation is on it doesn't go through the headset it goes through your Droids speakers.

Use vlingo. I believe it wil give you what you want

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Vlingo still puts the navigator out on the Droid speaker. That is most of what I need to change.

BTSwitch does put the navigator out on the BT earpiece, but I haven't had a lot more than a moment to work with it enough to know well it does everything else.

BTSwitch is not real expensive, but I don't want to buy it until I know and the trial is time limited.

Matt

Back