Bluetooth issues

dimaj

Reaction score
Hello guys!

I was hoping that somebody could help me with a Bluetooth issue. I've done some searching, but w/out luck. Basically, my BT is not turning on. It would sit in a "Turning on..." state for some time and then would go back to off. The only way for me to turn it back on is to power-cycle my device, which I don't want to do 5x per day.
Has anyone seen similar behavior on their Droids? Any solutions?

Thanks.

dimaj

Sometimes I have this problem with my Jabra headset (once a month or so). Usually deleting the pairing, making sure the battery is charged, and repairing solves this problem.

Hey LtKen,
Thanks for your reply!
I'm afraid that deleting a paring and then re-establishing it wouldn't help me since bluetooth in my device refuses to turn on. Once my bluetooth is on, pairing works well.

dimaj

RE

Click Start > Run.
In the Open box, type winver.exe, and then click OK.
In the About Windows dialog box, verify that Windows XP SP2 is installed.
Right-click the Bluetooth icon, and then select [FONT=&quot]Open Bluetooth Settings[/FONT].
On the [FONT=&quot]Options[/FONT] tab, select the [FONT=&quot]Turn discovery on[/FONT] check box, and then click [FONT=&quot]Apply[/FONT].
To enable Bluetooth devices to connect to your system, select the Allow Bluetooth devices to connect to this computer check box, and then click OK.

Thanks for your response Kristain!

What you have described is a what one needs to do to connect to a system when bluetooth is working properly.
What I'm experiencing is the following. When you do the following:
1) Go to settings
2) Click on Wireless and network
3) Bluetooth
It says under Bluetooth "turning on" and it never turns it on. In order for me to turn it on so that I could connect to my headset or computer, I have to power-cycle my device.

dimaj

RE

[FONT=&quot]Set your Bluetooth headset device to Discovery mode.
Set your mobile device to find the Bluetooth device. Go to Settings, and find the Bluetooth link. Activate it.
Set the phone to Find Audio Device mode. The phone will search and the Bluetooth device will register. Click Ok.
Exit Settings mode on the phone. Your Bluetooth headset device is now connected and ready to use.
[/FONT]

Kristain,

I can't search for bluetooth devices on my phone since my bluetooth won't get enabled! In order for me to get my bluetooth enabled, I have to reboot my phone! If bluetooth is enabled, searching and pairing works very well. The issue is NOT with searching or pairing. It's with turning on (initializing) bluetooth on the phone.

dimaj

Hello guys!

I was hoping that somebody could help me with a Bluetooth issue. I've done some searching, but w/out luck. Basically, my BT is not turning on. It would sit in a "Turning on..." state for some time and then would go back to off. The only way for me to turn it back on is to power-cycle my device, which I don't want to do 5x per day.
Has anyone seen similar behavior on their Droids? Any solutions?

Thanks.

dimaj
Can you email me too , i JUST bought my Droid and can not connect my HF850 to the phone/../??? what is the problem? thanks [email protected]

I just read a review of Droid 2 on PCMag.com. In the section about phone features and performance they wrote, "Very annoyingly, the Droid 2 screwed up Bluetooth voice dialing support. While you can trigger voice dialing over a Bluetooth headset, you can't issue the commands over the headset, eliminating the point of the exercise."

Uh-oh! Is this true? The state I live in becomes totally hands-free behind the wheel October 1, so it is vital that voice commands work through a car speakerphone and/or headset.

they are wrong. my plantronics voyager pro arrived today and you can make calls and say commands without every touching your droid 2. there is about a 4 second delay from when you long-press the BT headset button before the prompt comes on to make a command but it works like a charm after that.

i dialed 3 people on the ride home today, all via voice command.

I am having the problem they described with my Alyph Jawbone Icon. Its one of the premier headsets on the market but while you can initiate the call and do the voice commands by speaking toward the phone you can't hear the audible prompts from the phone over the headset. Its not unusable hands free but it is annoying. Cuz

I haven't played with this yet but it's on my list of stuff to try.

note that the D2 has TWO SEPARATE voice systems. Long-holding the spyglass softkey will trigger Google's voice search system. Historically (Droid 1) this was your only option, and on the D1 (and DInc) it did NOT work through a Bluetooth headset/system. This may be changed for Droid2 because of the new version of AndroidOS that it runs.

On the Droid2 and Droid X, try double-pressing the HOME key. This triggers the Nuance communications voice system, which Moto/Verizon put on the phone. This system may/should actually work over Bluetooth (I haven't tried yet, but it's what they use on Blackberries and it works via BT there). However, I don't know which of the two systems is triggered by the button on your BT headset. If it's the Google system, and that doesn't support BT, then you're boned.

If it's the Nuance system, (and it does support BT), then you're in business.

There's also some complication here because Droid2 runs Android v2.2, which may have changed the Google-based voice part so it DOES support Bluetooth. Again, I haven't had a chance to play with it yet as the only bluetooth system I use is my car and I don't want to sit and mess around with it when I'm trying to get somewhere. ;)

But the point of using a bluetooth car speaker unit or headset is that you shouldn't ever have to touch the phone - either the spyglass soft key or home key. You should just be able to initiate everything by pushing the button on your bluetooth unit.

But the point of using a bluetooth car speaker unit or headset is that you shouldn't ever have to touch the phone - either the spyglass soft key or home key. You should just be able to initiate everything by pushing the button on your bluetooth unit.
And my point is that on the old Droid, you couldn't do this period as the button on the headset, while it may have invoked voice dialing, the pickup for the voice system did NOT go through Bluetooth. I.e. you could talk, but you had to have the phone within good range of your mouth or it wouldn't register.

I don't know what function is triggered by the headset now, that's issue number one.

I manually triggered the Nuance dialing and that at least *was* pulled from the Bluetooth connection as far as I can tell.

It's flakey. I have the D2 (Obviously) and the Jawbone Hero. Their newest top end piece.

Earlier today I used voice dial and had to speak through the phone (speaker) although the earpiece was active. Just tried it now while reading this thread and was able to enter the command through the earpiece.

I can also use the voice command on the phone screen (lower right icon) or use the earpiece to initiate. Both work.

Back