Bluetooth issues

Xaneth

Reaction score
I know I'm not the only one having this issue, and please don't reply with "search the forum", I've done enough on the forum already today and have important work to get to. Problem I've been seeing is this:

Hardware/Software
BT Motorola S305 stero headset
ROM - Verizon Stock 2.1, CM 5.0.5.3, CM 5.0.5.4, CM 5.0.5.7, UD 9.0, UD 9.8, UD 10

I pair my headset, music plays, awesome. Receive a phone call, comes in through the headset, pauses the music, even more awesome. Go to make a phone call, not routed through bluetooth, not awesome.

What I have found is that if I power down the headset and back up, it usually works then. Also, if I just leave it on, and start manually typing in a phone number, I will eventually start hearing the tones come through the BT headset. Once I do, I'm able to place calls routed through BT. What's the deal? At first I thought it could be something with the headset, but it doesn't seem like it, or...?

i don't have your brand but i thought i'd answer just so you know not ALL bluetooth headsets have that problem. then you can narrow it down better. i have the blueant q1 and it works flawlessly. i hope you get it all worked out. things like that are super annoying. good luck :D

thanks a lot. figured it might be my headset.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

i found that as long as i hit the call button on the headset before making calls it works. establishes an initial connection.

Xaneth, I'm having the exact same issue as you. It is unacceptable and I will be returning this headset if there's no way to fix it. Have you had any luck besides hitting the call button before placing a call? I've sent you a friend request on this forum so that we can continue this off-forum, if need be.

No, I've just had to learn to live with it. It sucks too, and most times I have to power cycle. Glad to know I'm not the only one, but this headset just doesn't work well with the Droid.

I have actually had this problem or similar, I have a jawbone and often have to power down the head set and back up again to get it to work correctly. However once it seems to have a good connection it wworks great. At first I thought it was bc it wasn't a motorola headset but after reading this thread I'm starting to suspect the headset itself...

Xaneth, it's werid bc I've heard nothing except how well it works with the Droid. You and I and a handful of others are the only ones who've had this problem. It's either a fault in the headset or handset, I'm going to try to go to Verizon and experiment with a different Droid to rule out the handset, but I'm afraid I can't return the headset because it's been too long, in which case I'll buy another one. If I find anything useful in the store I'll post it here.

Live with it no more! Froyo fixed my bluetooth issues, solid as a rock. Unfortunately, Froyo leaked version for the Droid was just too flaky for me, so I'm back on Eclair until Cyanogen releases something, but its definitely compatability from the Android O/S!

I can verify that 2.2 fixes the bluetooth problem. Cyanogenmod 6.0 is based on froyo and is WONDERFUL. If you've ever thought about hacking ur droid, I highly suggest doing it and using cyanogenmod.

Yes, CM6.0 RC1 is rock solid and works great. Highly suggest upgrading to this build. Should be an official CM release soon.

Back