blurry ADW?

doobie711

Reaction score
i love adw but it doesn't seem like i can make home icons look like blur's simplistic white outlines. is it possible to use blurhome's home screen and then use adw's app drawer? so when i hit the drawer button on blur home it opens ADW app drawer. or is this just a pipe dream?

i haven used adw but im sure you can use your own pics as icons. so you can just download the icons from the web. i did it another way grabbing an .apk from my phone but im not sure how i did it because it was long ago.

i found a theme template online but i wonder if the icons would be spaced out the way they are in blur or be jumbled together like the vanilla launcher.

just thinking to myself. i'm about to try and change the all apps buttons and then hide the left and right action buttons and make the the background transparent. maybe it'll satisfy me.

this is how far i've gotten with it. i don't know much java or how the xml works but some help on making the icon bigger for ADW would be great, thanks.

i use lp and i use the icons for the dock and this is how it looks. sorry if its a bit hard to see. and i guess you were just looking for the app drawer icon thingy or what its called.

Last edited:
no i dont think it does but i have not gone through all the options. hope fully someone can chime in. yeah if your looking for a more stock look i think launcher pro does it better but its still not orginal. thats the largest i could make the icons without them being automatically cropped by lp because you can fit up to five of them down there.

that's the same with ADW. there's a newer version out that might have more customization out. looking over it i think i can change the size of the icons through the xml

this is probably the final. i'm moderately happy with the black status bar. it took forever to get the theme that i was using from changing certain buttons to blue and deep green.

yeah it does take a while to get your setup going but then we all have unique homescreen layouts. like that cheesy slogan for scion "United by Individuality". :)

corny corny scion marketing. good ideas though. The problem i've noticed is the lack of technical ability with the people that by this, making it look like all the hipsters use android. it kills me because i know all these people who say oh cool your battery icon is the bees knees,etc. but when they ask how you did it and you say "oh you need sudo privileges" and they act like you tried to explain wormholes to them. alas maybe i need different friends. i keep bumping so that either someone finds this thread helpful or someone can actually be of some help.

and i was helpin with the bumping as well. Yeah my friends look at me funny when i explain how i got my X to look the way it does. But now i dont bother anymore and just tell em that i plug it in the computer and get my geek on.

yes. that's the only way to explain. i was actually proud that one of the kids i know that's still in highschool wanted to sit down and watch how it was all done. and he actually took it on himself to learn how themes work and find one for himself. it did my heart proud. i don't know if you had any experience with the original droid but modifying themes on that seems like a breeze compared to this huge thing. if anybody actually wanted the blur look on the D1 it would've been done within weeks of ninjablur's unveiling.

I'd love to help out if I can. I know a bit about Photoshop and ADW.

You want a simplistic look, can you explain a bit more? I'm not familiar with "blur's simplistic white outlines" but doesn't sound too hard to replicate if I have something to go by.

As far as ADW goes, you can replace the app drawer button easy enough. ADW has option to change size of icons in dock by slider from below default on up to full size icons like homescreen icons.

Not sure if this is part of what you were trying to accomplish or not, but... you can use both action buttons (either side of app drawer) and both secondary action buttons (outside icons), OR you can use either/or to have only one pair in use. The point being that if you only want 3 icons, you can have 3 in the middle or use the ones on the end, skipping one on either side of the app drawer.

I haven't tried making an ADW theme, so I don't know what all that encompasses, but I do know ADW has option to make dock icons look like the LP icons, no color and sort of transparent like etched glass. I've seen ADW themes that change that to a solid color.

Back