Bootstrap Questions ?

METAL MUZZLE

Reaction score
I have a couple of Noob questions about Bootstrap as this is my first attempt at loading a rom to my Droid X - from what I understand I need bootstrap and a Rom manager (Im rooted with Z4) ? when I install a rom it says to make a system recovery with bootstrap - when I wipe my phone do I loose all my contacts,apps,photos,videos etc ? or can i load them back somehow from the recovery ? do I need to transfer my pics and videos to a external source like my PC or a jump drive ? Thanx in advance for assistance !

I have been on this forum for about a week now and any question I have had you guys have helped alot with and I appreciate that very much !!!

I have a couple of Noob questions about Bootstrap as this is my first attempt at loading a rom to my Droid X - from what I understand I need bootstrap and a Rom manager (Im rooted with Z4) ? when I install a rom it says to make a system recovery with bootstrap - when I wipe my phone do I loose all my contacts,apps,photos,videos etc ? or can i load them back somehow from the recovery ? do I need to transfer my pics and videos to a external source like my PC or a jump drive ? Thanx in advance for assistance !

I have been on this forum for about a week now and any question I have had you guys have helped alot with and I appreciate that very much !!!

You can make a nandroid backup with Bootstrap Recovery for DX. You can also install ROM through it, which I recommend. Don't like ROM Manager.

Your pics should be on your SD card and your contacts should come back through backup assistant or Google.

//Tap'd on CM8's DX w/DF app\\

Thanx alot chkmate ! you have been a huge help to me in deciding what rom to use and what to do to make sure I do this right ! Thanx for your time and assistance !

+1 not a big fan of ROM Manager either.

You can make a nandroid backup with Bootstrap Recovery for DX. You can also install ROM through it, which I recommend. Don't like ROM Manager.

Your pics should be on your SD card and your contacts should come back through backup assistant or Google.

//Tap'd on CM8's DX w/DF app\\

DroidForums junkie!!

Thanx ! I was told when I first asked about modding my DX that I would need Bootstrap and Rom Manager so Im glad I asked ! It sounds like Bootstrap is all I need ! Thanx for the info ! Im off to get Bootstap and give this Darkslide Rom a go !

Just the Bootstrap and you're good :)

Thanx ! I was told when I first asked about modding my DX that I would need Bootstrap and Rom Manager so Im glad I asked ! It sounds like Bootstrap is all I need ! Thanx for the info ! Im off to get Bootstap and give this Darkslide Rom a go !

DroidForums junkie!!

The best thing to do is backup up contacts through your gmail account and export to your sd then ROM and import the contacts back.

Back