Buy phone until gnexus comes out

ndeer44

Reaction score
Is it possible for me to buy a the RAZR from verizon using my upgrade but then return it for the nexus when it comes out? I don't mind paying a small restocking fee. Any other bad possibilities doing this?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

just wait the 3 days... its easier then paying the $35 restocking fee, which is not too small of a fee.

Via Verizon's site:

"Purchases made between November 15 and December 28, 2011 may be returned or exchanged through January 15, 2012. All other provisions of Verizon Wireless’ Return & Exchange Policy continue to apply, including Restock Fee."

So, you could purchase a Razr or Rezound now, use it until January 15th, then return it to the store and exchange it for a Nexus. The only catch is that you'll have to pay the $35 restocking fee.

Last edited:
I'm hearing a lot more dates than just 3 days from now, and kind of feel like we would have heard from someone from verizon saying boxes are appearing if they were selling on monday , bc they have to inventory them and what not. Can't I just return it after 13 days if it looks like the gnexus will be longer

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

you can but there is the $35 restocking fee. any way i look at it, its much easier and cheaper to be patient. and also, idk about you but im looking forward to the large leap of the phone technology. i dont even want to see another phone until i get the nexus in my hands.

If it doesn't release on Monday, I'm grabbing a Rezound to hold me over. That is unless Moto pushes the Bionic OTA out before then which I doubt highly.

Via Verizon's site:

"Purchases made between November 15 and December 28, 2011 may be returned or exchanged through January 15, 2012. All other provisions of Verizon Wireless’ Return & Exchange Policy continue to apply, including Restock Fee."

So, you could purchase a Razr or Rezound now, use it until January 15th, then return it to the store and exchange it for a Nexus. The only catch is that you'll have to pay the $35 restocking fee.

Apparently this isn't the case if the phone is activated. Once activated, you have 14 days to return it. This is used every year for the Holidays so people can return/exchange devices that are gifts.

Seen this confirmed by 2 sources so far.

Apparently this isn't the case if the phone is activated. Once activated, you have 14 days to return it. This is used every year for the Holidays so people can return/exchange devices that are gifts.

Seen this confirmed by 2 sources so far.

i bet if you argue enough with the verizon rep then you will be able to get the refund. it does not clearly say that its only if it was not activated in the policy.

I just got home from a VZW store where I asked to speak to the manager directly. I asked him point blank, "If I buy the Rezound now can I return it by the 15th of January?". He said I can but "It must be in LIKE NEW condition." so the whole cant be activated thing isnt true, at my local store anyway.

I was about to grab the Rezound but all Ive been hearing today is a 21st release so I figured I'd wait. Now Im hearing 12/8. I cant deal with a phone that only works half the time. Im going back tomorrow to get the Rezound.

By the way, I asked two employees there about the GNEX and niether had any idea what I was talking about. This phone isnt coming out anytime soon.

Back