Camera froze so I deleted apk... saaaad faace! (ICS)

jaydoubledub

Reaction score
[Fixed] Camera froze so I deleted apk... saaaad faace! (ICS)

Okay, so today I went to take some pics and my stock camera app kept just shutting down. I installed a few other camera apps and even uninstalled one I had, to no avail. Well, I figured that since I had a backup that I would just delete the apk, reboot, and reinstall. Apparently, it isn't letting me reinstall. It simply says, "Applicantion not installed." I was able to install one camera app that will take photos (now), but, occasionally still FC's. I still cannot install the stock camera apk...

Ohhhh I forgot to mention... I changed out my DRM with a refurb. As it turns out a lot of the apps I reinstalled, I had to set the settings for. Annnnd I totally forgot to do a backup of the "new" DRM. soooo yeah.. any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
James

BTW, I did the FDR twice and still wasn't able to produce the camera app or get it properly working. Does anyone have the apk or a fix?

so, I found the backups of the stock ics from my first DRM and installed it. the camera apk still didn't install.... wth???

Just out of curiosity, do you have "unknown sources" checked in Settings - security?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Have you tried a different camera app? I use Camera ICS+ and I like it better than the stock app.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Are you rooted? The camera app is a system app and probably wont install just by clicking it. You have to use an app like root explorer to move the apk file over to the system/app folder, fix the permissions on it and then reboot.

Edit: after looking at your screenshot, the icon at the top doesn't look like the stock motorola camera, the stock one for motorola is brown. Are you on a custom ROM or something?

Are you rooted? The camera app is a system app and probably wont install just by clicking it. You have to use an app like root explorer to move the apk file over to the system/app folder, fix the permissions on it and then reboot.

Edit: after looking at your screenshot, the icon at the top doesn't look like the stock motorola camera, the stock one for motorola is brown. Are you on a custom ROM or something?

Hello! Thanks for the replies... I disabled the email alerts for a couple "spam" email accounts and apparently, I need to change df email settings... anyway..

Yes, I'm rooted, but, only to the stock. I used to do a lot of rom switching on my G1, D1, and DInc, but, never found one that was totally flawless. I figured stock was the way to go. I do use RE and I'm still not able to install the apk. If that isn't the stock apk, does anyone have it? ooooorrr, does anyone have a workaround to get it reinstalled. I actually like the stock camera app.

Also, I've since been able to use other camera apps now. I'm using Camera ICS and 360... They're both nice, but, not my first choice....

Thanks for the help again!

Okay folks, there's one thing I've forgot to mention...
When I was initially copy and pasting the [what I assumed was] the stock camera apk, there was another file (BlurCamera.odex) as well. I did not copy that file. I was in the middle of installling a new air cleaner on my bike and simply deleted the .odex file.... I have this lingering suspicion that may have something to do with it. Since doing the FDR and reinstalling backups I still have not been able to have it reinstalled. I do however have the original download of the manual ICS update that I installed (Blur_Version.6.12.181.XT912.Verizon.en.US.zip). I was thinking of going into recovery and installing it again. thoughts? Only reason I haven't done the latter is because SafeStrap tells me I need Safe Mode enabled and it is not reversible lol

Fixed it!

Thanks goes to DroidRazr Utility 1.82! I just reloaded .211 with it and did a wipe. Good enough for me... now to wait for the JB update...

Back