camera takes soft and lousy pics

mtpeke

Reaction score
Is anyone else having this issue? I am in a fully lit and softly lit location (think high shade on a bright day) or near a softly lit window and the picture are soft, fuzzy and out of focus. If I am not outside on a very bright day the photos are blurry and slightly out of focus (subject is not moving). Anyone else have a suggestion?

Tap the screen to focus and it should be a pretty good picture. However, the camera is considered to be subpar compared to the other phones. For me it's more than I need so I'm happy with it.

I do tap to prefocus. Short of.using a.tripod.i am using.good
Photo technique.

Maybe lighting? Not sure what else to tell ya. For camera phone quality I'd say it goes Iphone 4s->Rezound->Nexus->Razr-> ect on Verizon.

SGSII has a really nice camera as well but not available on Verizon.

Last edited:
It definitely doesn't have much range. Any photos near windows or moderately dark its useless. I was wondering if there was an app that helped it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Try using HDR camera. It takes 3 photos in different exposures and combines them for the best possible photo. Its been working wonders for me

I will admit that I've had better cameras but tapping the phone to focus in good light my pictures come out okay.

View attachment 48381

All the latest take really good pictures in well lit, accurately focused situations. Some are faster than others, but all do well. But once you get into poorly lit areas, they pretty much all take a nosedive. Even my wife's 4S, while doing as good a job as probably possible, tends to wash out in poorly lit scenarios where flash is needed. I'm sure using an LED for a flash is probably a part of that on all of them...it's not exactly a "soft" light.

Try using HDR camera. It takes 3 photos in different exposures and combines them for the best possible photo. Its been working wonders for me

I tried this app for a bit and found it to be a hassle, that's just me. It does a great job combining pictures, but you also have to stay still longer for the 3 pictures to be taken. The thing I like about the Nexus stock camera app is that it's no shutterlag, which comes in handy for the rare cases I take pics. Again, just my opinion of the app, but it does indeed give better quality pictures.

im on the 4.0.4 camera and the 0 shutter lag is gone, and i feel the quality of the camera went with it too...

I will play around with the HDR app. That will work nicely for landscapes with dynamic range. I have found nearly all photos taken inside, even if near a window or in a well lit room (no flash needed) they are virtually unusable. Of course I may be pickier than most as I spend a lot of my spare cash on DLSR bodies/lenses. I just felt the Droid 1 camera was better...oddly so. I do like the ability to pick where to focus and the lack of photo lag when taking pics but if it is blurry a fast camera just captures blur faster. JMHO

Back